Eight Simple Tricks To Lower Blood Pressure Instantly During Blood Pressure Spikes
Sometimes you may experience a sudden increase in blood pressure. It may be due to stress, diet, medications, etc. It occurs for a short time and returns to normal. Your physician can prescribe a medicine to control it. If you experience severe headaches, chest pain, shortness of breath, confusion, or seizures, you should go to the hospital immediately.
Your symptoms may be milder or severe.
Here are eight tricks to lower blood pressure instantly. These tips which include lower blood pressure supplements that will support you to immediately lower blood pressure until you get medical help.
Try these tricks to lower blood pressure instantly:
1. Let yourself free from the task you are currently engaged in. Lie down and try to calm yourself to immediately lower blood pressure. When you lie down, the workload of your heart gets reduced. Take slow deep breaths. Being calm will help you to reduce blood pressure.
2. Take your blood pressure medicines immediately if your physician has already prescribed them for you.
3. Eat 1 or 2 squares of dark chocolate. The flavonoids such as catechin present in dark chocolate help widen your blood vessels and lower blood pressure. It helps your body by releasing the endorphins. The release of endorphins calms you down. It also helps decrease bad cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease and increases good cholesterol.
4. Ask your family member or friend to prepare a green tea, hibiscus tea or pomegranate juice for you.
- Green tea – It is packed with antioxidants. It improves the flow of blood and decreases inflammation in the heart tissues. The flavonoid catechin is also present in green tea. Steeping longer than normally would get more catechins in tea.
- Hibiscus tea – Hibiscus flower petals are used to make tea which may immediately lower blood pressure. Its antioxidant properties promote heart health. Consult with your doctor if it is suitable for you.
- Pomegranate juice – Its antioxidant capacity is higher than green tea. It also contains potassium and healthy nutrients, which are helpful in lowering blood pressure.
Strictly avoid coffee, black tea, or alcohol at this time.
5. Relieve yourself from stressful situations. If you are stressed, the hormones released in your body will constrict your blood vessels and temporarily spike your blood pressure. Close your eyes and picture a favorite memory or place. Listen to soft music. It will decrease your blood pressure and stress hormone levels in your body.
6. Squeeze some lemon juice in the water. Lemon is loaded with plant compounds, vitamins, and minerals that help to lower your blood pressure. It makes the blood vessels flexible and regulates blood pressure levels.
7. Bananas – this easy to eat fruit is less in sodium and rich in potassium. Potassium is a mineral that is vital for reducing blood pressure. Potassium lowers the effects of sodium and decreases the tension in blood vessel walls.
8. Berries – Take any of the berries such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. Have some blueberries, if possible, as they are loaded with nitric oxide, a gas that promotes blood flow and thereby helps to lower blood pressure instantly.
Say no to blood pressure spikes through a healthy lifestyle:
Lowering blood pressure through lifestyle modifications is the optimal thing to do. It will keep your blood pressure down and avoid blood pressure spikes. Most often, you experience symptoms if the blood pressure is severely elevated. Following the mentioned tips helps to immediately lower blood pressure and make you stay better until you get proper medical help. Follow a healthy lifestyle. Live well