6 Skin Care Tips In Summer To Have A Healthy Skin
Summer has come, and a lot of us are already frustrated about summer skin care. Acne breakouts, dry skin, heat rash, and sunburn are common skin problems during the summer season. While we cannot do much about the heat, we can take steps to protect the skin. Let’s look into 6 skin care tips in summer to ensure glowing skin.
6 Skin Care Tips In Summer To Follow:
1. Use sunscreen: Using sunscreen is a must every day, but it is even more important during summer when the sun is stronger. Sunscreens protect you from the sun’s harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays, the main cause of skin cancer. Though you have to apply it properly to get its benefits.
Apply the broad-spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) 30 or higher on dry skin, fifteen minutes before going outside in the sun. It protects against UVA and UVB rays. Water-resistant sunscreen can be best for you if you engage in intense physical activities or swimming. Reapply sunscreen approximately every 2 hours and even more often if you are sweating or swimming.
2. Staying hydrated: It is one of the important skin care tips in summer. Your body is made up of 60% water, and drinking enough water is almost crucial for all organs in the body to function effectively. It can help you to get clear skin and also improves its elasticity. Summer can make you sweat a lot, and to stay hydrated, you will need more water.
Make sure you drink 2 to 3 liters of water each day. Include cucumbers, watermelon, strawberries, and cauliflower more during summer as these foods are high in water content. Avoid alcohol as it can make the skin look drier and more wrinkled. Also, limit sodas, cold coffees or packaged drinks as the high sugar levels in them can dehydrate your body.
3. Go for a light makeup: Heat can suppress the skin’s ability to breathe. Less make-up will help the skin to breathe better. Experts recommend using a tinted moisturizer or tinted lip balm during summer. They will hydrate the skin and give a slightly polished look. Try to avoid eye makeup as much as possible during summer.
4. Be sure to exfoliate: Your skin naturally sheds dead cells every 30 days or so. Sometimes, dead cells do not shed completely. This can end up in clogged pores or dry patches. Sweat and sunscreen in summer can also exacerbate these problems in some people. Exfoliating can help prevent these issues.
It can enhance the effectiveness of topical skincare products by improving absorption and makes skin bright looking. It’s good to exfoliate more in summer than in winter but limit it to one or two times per week. Choose an exfoliation method according to your skin type, and never exfoliate sunburned skin.
7. Wear the right fabrics: Cotton is a good fabric to wear in summer. Wearing clothes tightly can cause irritation and more itching in sweaty parts. Wear light colored and loose clothing to tackle the heat. Light colors are poor absorbers of heat and help our body to keep cool. If you intend to wear shorts or sleeveless shirts, be sure to apply sunscreen in sufficient amounts.
8. Bath twice a day: Bathing before going to bedtime is important for skin health, particularly during the summer and spring seasons. It will remove the dirt, sweat, and allergens accumulated in the body during the day. Bathing twice will help reduce the body heat and odor in summer. You will feel more relaxed.
Get Morning Sunlight:
Though sunlight can have harmful effects on the skin, it is vital to get morning sunlight. Did you know? Exposure to sunlight can increase the hormone called serotonin which boosts mood and helps a person feel focused and calm. Sunlight is an essential source of vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and overall health. It can help you sleep well at night.
You can prevent the damage from the sun by avoiding going outdoors between 10am and 2pm when the rays are strongest. When you must go, wear a hat, sunglasses and long-sleeved shirts and pants. Apply sunscreen and lip balm with a high sun protection factor. Follow the above said skincare tips in summer and have healthy and glowing skin.