6 MP 50MG TABLET
MERCAPTOPURINEManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
6 MP 50mg Tablet is an anti-cancer drug containing the active constituent Mercaptopurine. It is used to treat leukemia (blood cancer) in adults, children, and adolescents. Cancer is a disorder in which cells multiply in an uncontrolled and abnormal manner. Talk to your doctor if you have liver disorders, kidney disorders, skin cancer, arthritis, intolerance to some sugars, shingles, chickenpox, hepatitis B, or if you have any genetic conditions such as TPMT (thiopurine methyltransferase) deficiency or Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome.
Avoid live vaccines (flu vaccine, measles vaccine, BCG vaccine, etc.) while taking 6 MP 50mg Tablet. Limit your exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing, and use sunscreen with a high protection factor. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least 3 months after the last dose. Administration of this medicine can increase your risk of getting infections and affect your bone marrow.
Uses of 6 MP 50mg Tablet:
- Leukemia (blood cancer)
How 6 MP 50mg Tablet works:
6 MP 50mg Tablet interferes with the synthesis and function of RNA and DNA of the cancer cells and thereby reduces the growth and multiplication of cancer cells,
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep 6 MP 50mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C. Keep the bottle tightly closed.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Cytotoxic agents, 12th edition, 2011, 1701 - 1702.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anticancer drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 863.
- Aspen Pharma Trading Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on August 2019] [ Accessed on 7th July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4655.pdf
How to use 6 MP 50mg Tablet:
Always take 6 MP 50mg Tablet exactly as your doctor has told you. Swallow your tablets whole. Do not chew or crush the tablets. If you accidentally handled the broken tablets, wash your hands immediately. You can take tablets with food or on an empty stomach, but you have to follow the same method every day. You must take these tablets at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after having milk or dairy products.
Treatment with 6 MP 50mg Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester (three months), as it may cause damage to the foetus. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
Do not breastfeed while taking 6 MP 50mg Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking 6 MP 50mg Tablet. Your doctor will carry out frequent function tests when you are taking this medicine as it is toxic to your liver.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney diseases before taking 6 MP 50mg Tablet. Your doctor will do blood and urine tests to monitor your kidney function.
- Inform your doctor if you have an intolerance to some sugars as this medicine contains lactose.
- Avoid live vaccines (flu vaccine, measles vaccine, BCG vaccine, etc.) while taking 6 MP 50mg Tablet.
- Limit your exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing, and use sunscreen with a high protection factor.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Fever or infection (sore throat, sore mouth, or urinary problems)
- Unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Low white blood cell and platelet count
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.