ABEC 300MG TABLET
ABACAVIRManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Abec 300mg Tablet contains the active constituent abacavir. It is used to treat HIV - 1 infection. HIV - 1 is a Human immunodeficiency virus that attacks and destroys the cells involved in the immune system; the body’s ability to fight against infections decreases and leads to death if untreated properly. This medicine does not completely cure the infection; it reduces the amount of virus in your body and increases the CD4 cell count in your blood. These cells are important in helping your body to fight infection.
Abec 300mg Tablet is always given with other medicines to treat HIV infection. Inform your doctor if you have any liver disease, including hepatitis B or C, kidney disease, heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, or if you are overweight or smoke before taking this medicine.
Do not share personal objects such as razors or toothbrushes with anyone. Do not breast feed. Consult your doctor about safe sex practices. Administration of Abec 300mg Tablet may lead to lactic acidosis (buildup of acid in the blood).
Uses of Abec 300mg Tablet:
- Treatment of HIV – 1 infection
How Abec 300mg Tablet works:
Abec 300mg Tablet works by inhibiting the enzyme reverse transcriptase, thereby inhibiting the replication of viral particles in the body and treats the infection.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Abec 300mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children. Store below 30°C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiviral drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 808.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Antiretroviral agents and treatment of HIV infection, 12th edition, 2011, 1635-1636.
- ViiV Healthcare BV, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Jan 2021] [ Accessed on 9th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5518.pdf
- ViiV Healthcare, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on March 2015] [ Accessed on 9th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/020977s027,020978s031lbl.pdf
How to use Abec 300mg Tablet:
Swallow the tablets with water. It can be taken with or without food. If you cannot swallow the tablets whole, you may crush and combine with small amount of food, and take all those doses immediately.
Abec 300mg Tablet may cause harm to unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Abec 300mg Tablet. The doctor will explain the potential risks and benefits.
Breastfeeding is not recommended because the viral infection can pass through the breast milk.
Inform your physician if you ever had liver diseases, including hepatitis B or C.
Inform your physician if you have any kidney disorders.
Avoid driving if you are feeling unwell, as this medicine may make u feel dizzy and less alert.
- Do not share personal objects such as razor or toothbrush
- Consult doctor about safe sex practices.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Lactic acidosis (breathing difficulties along with weakness in limbs, stomach pain, vomiting, drowsiness)
- Liver problems (yellowing of whites of eyes and skin, urine turns dark, light colored stools)
- Severe allergic reactions (fever, rash, nausea, diarrhea, shortness of breath)
- Changes in immune system
- Changes in body fat
- Headache, dizziness
- Bad dreams, sleep problems
- Ear, nose, or throat infections
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.