ABHAY RAB INJECTION
PURIFIED VERO CELL RABIES VACCINEManufacturer : INDIAN IMMUNOLOGICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Abhayrab Injection is composed of Purified Vero Cell Rabies Vaccine, which is indicated to prevent and treat rabies before and after exposure to the virus. Pre-exposure vaccination is for travellers, those in high-risk occupations and children living in rabies-prone areas. Post-exposure prophylaxis refers to prompt wound management and vaccination. This vaccine is prepared from the Pitman-Moore strain of Rabies virus grown in Vero cells.
Rabies is an acute, progressive disease caused by the rabies virus belonging to the Rhabdoviridae family. It spreads through the saliva of the infected animals after bites or scratches. Though this infection is 100% fatal, it is 100% preventable with the implementation of timely measures and correct use of available vaccines, immunoglobulins or monoclonal antibodies.
Uses of Abhayrab Injection:
- Immunization before possible exposure to rabies
- Post-exposure treatment after exposure to a suspected rabid animal
- Prevention of infection for high-risk people such as veterinarians, municipal workers, medical and paramedical workers
How Abhayrab Injection works:
This vaccine takes approximately 10-14 days to develop protective antibodies against the rabies virus post injection. It shows neutralizing antibody responses after both primary and secondary immunizations.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a refrigerator (2–8°C). Shake well before use.
- Sudarshan MK. World Health Organization 2018 Guidelines on Rabies Prophylaxis: Contentious Issues. Pediatr Inf Dis 2019;1(4):154–156, https://www.pidjournal.com/doi/PID/pdf/10.5005/jp-journals-10081-1226
- Thomas Moulenat et al., Purified Vero Cell Rabies Vaccine (PVRV, Verorab®): A Systematic Review of Intradermal Use Between 1985 and 2019, Trop. Med. Infect. Dis., 2020, 5, 40, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7157209/pdf/tropicalmed-05-00040.pdf
- Bharat Biotech International Ltd, [Revised on Aug 2018] [Accessed on 2nd Jul 2021], https://www.bharatbiotech.com/images/indirab/Indirab-Package-Insert.pdf
- AbhayRIG, [Accessed on 2nd Jul 2021], https://www.cphi-online.com/46/resourcefile/09/72/83/IIL%20Human%20Health%20Vaccine%20Brochure.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Vaccines, Antisera and lmmuneglobulins, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 978-986.
How to use Abhayrab Injection:
Your physician will administer this vaccine by injecting it into the muscle, skin or through the subcutaneous route.
The dosing varies according to the time of exposure to the contaminant and booster doses will be administered every 2 years by your physician as long as you are at high risk.
Inform your physician before taking this vaccine if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this vaccine if you are breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before taking this vaccine if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before taking this vaccine if you have kidney diseases.
Inform your physician before taking this vaccine if you have hypersensitivity.
- Inform your physician before taking this vaccine if you have a fever, certain infections, acute or chronic diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Anaphylactic reactions
- Pain, swelling, pruritus at the site of injection.
- Fever, shivering, fainting, headache, dizziness, muscle pain
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.