DOLUTEGRAVIR,LAMIVUDINE,TENOFOVIR DISOPROXIL FUMARATEManufacturer : MYLAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Acriptega Tablet consists of the substances Dolutegravir, Lamivudine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is a combination of antiviral medications indicated to treat adults and children infected with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
Antiviral drugs are beneficial in postponing the complications related to AIDS and improving the overall quality of life. This combination regimen is prescribed in order to prevent replication of HIV to a maximum extent for as long as possible.
Although this drug regimen reduces the risk of viral infection to a great extent, this is not a cure for HIV and there is still a possibility of transmitting HIV to other people.
Uses of Acriptega Tablet:
- The treatment regimen for adults and children with Human Immunodeficiency Virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection.
How Acriptega Tablet Works:
Acriptega Tablet works by reducing the viral load of HIV in the blood. It increases the number of CD4 (T) cells which enables the immune system to fight other infections. This reduces the risk of severity and death associated with weak immune system.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician if you are taking other antiviral medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamin or herbal supplements before the treatment.
Store the tablets below 30˚C in the original packaging and ensure that the bottle is tightly closed.
- Aurobindo Pharma, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Apr 2018] [Accessed on 6th May 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/pepfar/209618PI.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Antiviral Drugs (Anti-retrovirus), Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 860-872.
How to use Acriptega Tablet:
Take the tablets as suggested by your physician. Your physician will determine the ideal dose for you according to your body weight.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
It is unsafe to breastfeed if you have HIV-1 infection. Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have liver problems or Hepatitis B or C infection. Ensure that your physician regularly examines your liver functions during treatment.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems. Ensure that your physician regularly examines your kidney functions during treatment.
Avoid driving or doing things that require concentration if you experience any side effects.
- Inform your physician if you have bone problems or other medical conditions.
- Do not share or re-use needles or other injections. Avoid sharing personal items like toothbrushes, razor blades with others. Do not have unprotected sex.
- Inform your physician right away if you have allergic reactions to Dolutegravir, Lamivudine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate or its ingredients
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions like fever, blisters in mouth, pain in muscles and joints, peeling of skin, redness and swelling of eyes, mouth, face, lips or tongue and difficulty breathing.
- Liver problems characterized by yellow skin, dark urine, light coloured stool, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain or tenderness at the right side of the stomach.
- Kidney failure
- Bone problems
- Increased amount of fat in the body
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.