ACTILYSE 20MG INJECTION
ALTEPLASEManufacturer : BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM INDIA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : Germany
Actilyse 20mg Injection contains the active constituent alteplase. It is used to treat heart attack (sudden blockage of blood supply to the heart muscle) and acute massive pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the blood vessels of the lungs). It is used to treat acute ischemic stroke (the blood vessel that supplies blood to the brain is blocked by a blood clot).
Before taking Actilyse 20mg Injection, you need to inform the health care professional if you have a bleeding disorder, very high blood pressure, infection, inflammatory conditions, ulcer, liver disorders, or any other conditions. Also, inform your physician if you have had major surgery, injury, have been given external heart massage in the past 10 days or take blood-thinning medications.
Uses of Actilyse 20mg Injection:
- Heart attack
- Acute ischemic stroke
- Acute massive pulmonary embolism
How Actilyse 20mg Injection works:
Actilyse 20mg Injection works by dissolving clots that have formed in the blood vessels.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Actilyse 20mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25 °C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs affecting coagulation, bleeding and thrombosis, 7th edition, 2013, 627.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, European medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on April 2021] [ Accessed on 30th March 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.10361.pdf
- Genentech, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on August 2001] [ Accessed on 30th March 2022], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2001/altegen090401lb.pdf
How to use Actilyse 20mg Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
You need to tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Actilyse 20mg Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Actilyse 20mg Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
This medication is contraindicated in severe liver disease patients. You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Actilyse 20mg Injection.
After being given Actilyse 20mg Injection, you must not use machines or drive until your physician has told you that it is safe to do so.
- Consult your physician if you have bleeding disorders, uncontrolled blood pressure, ulcers, or had an external heart massage or major surgery recently before the administration of Actilyse 20mg Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Bleeding in the brain
- Heart failure
- Low blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Fluid on the lungs
- Bleeding of the damaged blood vessel
- Bleeding at the injection site
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.