SODIUM ACID PHOSPHATEManufacturer : STEADFAST MEDISHIELD PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Addphos Granules are used for the treatment of high blood calcium. High levels of calcium in blood can be caused by conditions such as Overactive parathyroid glands (hyperparathyroidism), Multiple myelomatosis (a type of cancer of the blood) and other similar cancers. It is also used to treat low blood phosphate levels (hypophosphatemia). Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the parathyroid gland becomes hyperactive and secretes too much of parathyroid hormone leading to hypercalcemia. Do not take Addphos Granules unless prescribed by a doctor. Inform your doctor before taking this medicine if you are in restricted sodium diet due to having conditions such as high blood pressure or any other heart conditions. Your doctor will prescribe Addphos dose based on your general health.
Uses of Addphos Granules:
- High blood calcium (Hypercalcemia)
- Low blood phosphate (Hypophosphatemia)
How Addphos Granules works:
Addphos Granules works by producing a fall in serum calcium in patients with hypercalcemia. It binds calcium in the gut and thus reduce calcium absorption.
Interactions with other drugs
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before starting treatment with Addphos Granules.
This medication may usually interact with
- Antacids (used for indigestion or heartburn)
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight, heat or moisture.
- Kymos Pharma Services; Electronic Medicines Compendiu; [Revised:2021] [Accessed:31/Mar/2021]; https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.958.pdf
- Steadfast Medishield; AddPhos Granules; [Accessed:18/May/2021]; https://www.steadfast.co.in/addphos/
- Keichii Ozono et al; Molecular basis of diseases characterized by hypophosphatemia and phosphaturia; [Published:2006] [Accessed:18/May/2021]; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24790333/
How to use AddPhos Sachet:
Take this medication in the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Check the labels for directions before use
Addphos Granules are generally considered safe in pregnant women. Your doctor will prescribe Addphos Granules in pregnancy only if the benefits outweigh any risks. Do not take without consulting your doctor.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for advice
Addphos should be taken with caution in patients with impaired kidney function. Consult your doctor for advice.
- Inform your doctor if you are on a sodium controlled diet (for eg: patients with hypertension, heart conditions or pre eclampsia – dangerously high blood pressure during pregnancy)
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Any sudden wheeziness
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of the face, eyelids or lips
- Rash or itching
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea or diarrhea
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.