APTOSYN 125MG/80MG CAPSULE
APREPITANTManufacturer : VHB LIFE SCIENCES INCOrigin of Medicine : India
Aptosyn 125mg/80mg capsule contains the active constituent aprepitant in two different doses. It is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy (cancer treatment) in adults and children twelve years of age and older. It also prevents nausea and vomiting after surgery.
Before taking Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule, it is important to inform your physician about all the medications you are taking recently, including supplements and herbal medicines. This medication may reduce the efficacy of hormonal contraceptives. Talk with your doctor about alternative birth control options.
Before taking Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule, you need to inform your doctor if you have liver disorders, allergic conditions, or other diseases. Indigestion, tiredness, headache, hiccups and loss of appetite are the common side effects of this medication. Talk to your doctor if you have an intolerance to some sugars as this medication contains sucrose.
Uses of Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule:
- Prevents nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy and surgery
How Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule works:
Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule blocks the action of a natural substance called neurokinin in the brain that causes nausea and vomiting.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Store below 30°C.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiemetic, Prokinetic and Digestant Drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 669-670.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Treatment of disorders of bowel motility and water flux, 12th edition, 2011, 1345.
- Accord Healthcare Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised date Dec 2018], [Accessed date 4th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.10294.pdf
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised date April 2015], [Accessed date 4th Dec 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/021549s025lbl.pdf
How to use Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule:
Take Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the capsule whole with water. Do not crush or chew the capsules. These capsules can be taken with or without food. Do not take more than recommended.
This medication may harm your unborn baby. Inform your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Do not breastfeed while taking Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule. Inform your physician if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Inform your physician if you have any liver disorders before taking Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule, as this medication should be used with caution in liver disorder patients.
The medicine may make you dizzy. Avoid driving or handling heavy machines if you are unwell
- You need to tell your doctor if you have an intolerance to some sugars, allergic conditions or other diseases before taking Aptosyn 125mg/80mg Capsule.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions (rash, itching, difficulty breathing, or swallowing)
- Indigestion, constipation
- Loss of appetite
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.