AROMASIN 25MG TABLET
EXEMESTANEManufacturer : PFIZER LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Contact us for latest updates.
Contact us for latest updates.
Aromasin 25mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Exemestane. It is an anticancer medication indicated to treat breast cancer in older women undergoing menopause. This medicine also helps relieve breast cancer symptoms such as breast lumps, bloody nipple discharge etc.
This medicine will not suit you if you are allergic to Exemestane or any of its ingredients. Tell your physician if you have not attained menopause yet, as this medicine does not work for premenopausal women. This medicine could also disrupt bone mineral density, so ensure that your physician monitors your bone mineral density levels before starting this treatment.
Uses of Aromasin 25mg Tablet:
Aromasin 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of:
- Early breast cancer in older women undergoing menopause and have already completed a few years of treatment with tamoxifen.
- Advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women who have not responded to other hormonal therapy.
- Breast cancer symptoms like breast lumps, bloody nipple discharge etc.
How Aromasin 25mg Tablet works:
Aromasin 25mg Tablet interferes with a substance known as aromatase which is essential for producing oestrogen – the female sex hormone. Decreased oestrogen production helps slow down cancer growth and prevents cancer recurrence.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at 25°C. Keep medicine out of reach of children.
- Mylan, [Revised on Sep 2021] [Accessed on 7th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8814.pdf
- Edward Chu, Cancer Chemotherapy, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 948-976.
How to use Aromasin 25mg tablets:
Consume this tablet as prescribed by your physician and consult them if you are unsure.
Inform your physician before you take this tablet if you are pregnant or think you are likely to be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before taking this tablet if you have liver problems.
Inform your physician before taking this tablet if you have kidney problems.
Avoid driving vehicles or operating machinery if you feel drowsy, dizzy or weak.
Before you take this medicine, tell your physician if you are allergic to Exemestane or any of its ingredients.
- Before this treatment, your physician will collect blood samples to ensure that you have reached menopause. Your physician will monitor your bone density and vitamin D levels and inform them if you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis.
- Discuss with your physician regarding contraceptive options if there is a possibility for pregnancy.
- This medicine is not suitable for children and adolescents aged below 18 years.
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Bone problems
- Numbness and hand pain (Carpal tunnel syndrome)
- High levels of liver enzymes
- Hot flushes
- Nausea, stomach pain
- Muscle and joint pain
- Stiffness and swelling of joints
- Increased sweating
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Rashes and itching
- Hair loss
- Reduction in the number of WBC and plateles in the blood
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.