ASKLEROL 3% INJECTION
POLIDOCANOLManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Asklerol 3% Injection contains the active constituent polidocanol. It is used in the treatment of Varicose veins of the lower extremities. Varicose veins are enlarged and twisted veins that commonly affect the veins in the legs. It is caused by pressure in the veins of the lower body created by prolonged standing and walking. Varicose veins cause discomfort and aching pain; sometimes, it led to severe problems.
Tell your doctor if you have reduced mobility, inflammation in the treatment spot, leg edema which could not be reduced by compression, fever, allergies, bronchial asthma, neurological or visual symptoms (migraine), arterial occlusive diseases (Narrowed arteries in the body), diabetes, blood clot disorders, skin disorders and patent foramen ovale (hole in between the chambers of the heart).
Asklerol 3% Injection contains alcohol which may be harmful to the patients suffering alcoholism or undergoing treatment for the alcoholism. Patients should wear support hose in the treated legs for three days continuously and three weeks in the daytime. The patients are advised to walk around 20 minutes after the treatment procedure and avoid heavy exercise, hot baths, flight travel, and sunbath.
Uses of Asklerol 3% Injection:
- Uncomplicated reticular veins (varicose veins 1-3 mm in diameter).
- Uncomplicated spider veins (varicose veins less than or equal to 1mm in diameter).
How Asklerol 3% Injection works:
It works by locally damaging the lining (endothelium) of the blood vessels in the target area. This causes blood platelets and cellular debris to attach to the lining of the vessels and cause the blood vessel to clot. The clotted vein will then be replaced with tissue.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store the dosage form at controlled room temperature 15° C - 30° C protected from light.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs affecting Coagulation, Bleeding and Thrombosis, 7th edition, 2013,616.
- Ferndale Pharmaceuticals, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised date Dec 2018], [Accessed date 5th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/11569/smpc
- BioForm Medical Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised date March 2010], [Accessed date 5th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/021201lbl.pdf
How to use Asklerol 3% Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
There are no established side effects of Asklerol 3% Injection in pregnant patients. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking the medication. Your doctor will inform the potential benefits and side effects of the medication.
Consult your doctor before taking the medication if you are breastfeeding.
As the medicine contains alcohol, special care should be taken for the patients with liver disease simultaneously suffering from alcoholism.
The treatment with the drug may cause dizziness. Avoid driving when you feel uncomfortable.
- Inform your doctor if you have bronchial asthma, blood clot disorders, or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Cell injury
- Cardiac arrest
- Blockage in lung arteries
- Cardiac dysfunction due to intense stress
- Short term injection site pain
- Temporary skin discoloration after treatment
- Injection site blood clots
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.