ASTRONIN NASAL SPRAY
CALCITONINManufacturer : MASTRO BILOGICALSOrigin of Medicine : India
Astronin Nasal Spray consists of the active ingredient Calcitonin. The thyroid gland consists of parafollicular ‘C’ cells that naturally produces the hormone Calcitonin. This hormone acts opposite parathyroid hormones. Astronin Nasal Spray is indicated to treat bone loss (osteoporosis) in women who attained menopause. This medicine should be used only for a short duration. Tell your physician immediately if you experience allergic reactions, ulcer-like symptoms or if this treatment is not improving your symptoms.
Uses of Astronin Nasal Spray:
- Treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women when alternative therapies did not work.
How Astronin Nasal Spray Works:
Astronin Nasal Spray inhibits bone resorption mediated by osteoclast and reduces the kidney's reabsorption of calcium and phosphate. Thus it helps protect the bones during periods of ‘calcium stress’ like growth, pregnancy and lactation.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Unicalcin nasal spray out of sight and reach of children. Store in a refrigerator (2-8˚C). Do not freeze. Store at room temperature once the bottle is opened. Discard the bottle after 30 doses.
- Novartis Pharma, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Sep 2017] [Accessed on 14th Apr 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/020313s036lbl.pdf
- K D Tripathi, Hormones and Drugs affecting calcium balance, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 360-372.
- Thomas D. Nolin and Peter A. Friedman, Agents Affecting Mineral Ion Homeostasis and Bone Turnover, Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition, 2018, 887-906.
How to use Astronin Nasal Spray:
For intranasal use only. Use as directed by the physician.
Astronin Nasal Spray is not indicated for pregnant women and women of reproductive potential. Consult your physician before initiating treatment with Astronin Nasal Spray if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
The presence of Astronin Nasal Spray in breast milk has not been established. Consult your physician before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before starting treatment with Astronin Nasal Spray if you have a kidney problem.
Avoid driving or doing activities that require focus if you experience dizziness, tiredness or visual disturbance.
- Ensure that nasal examinations are done regularly by your physician.
- Inform your physician before treatment with Astronin Nasal Spray if you are allergic to Calcitonin or any of its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Anaphylactic shock and other allergic reactions
- Severe ulceration
- Antibody formation causes the patient to stop responding to the treatment.
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- Nasal inflammation
- Facial or peripheral edema
- High BP
- Chest pain
- Visual or hearing disturbances
- Cough, breathlessness, loss of taste/smell
- Skin reactions and hair loss
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.