AZORAN 50MG TABLET 20'S
AZATHIOPRINEManufacturer : RPG LIFE SCIENCES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Azoran 50mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Azathioprine which belongs to a class of drugs called immunosuppressants. Immunosuppressants reduce the strength of your immune system. They may be used to help your body accept a new organ transplant or to help treat an autoimmune disorder (a disorder in which the immune cells react against your own body).
Inform your doctor about any vaccinations you have to take or have taken recently before starting this medication as it increases your risk of infection significantly. Live vaccines should not be taken while undergoing treatment with Azoran 50 mg.
Azoran 50 mg Uses:
Azoran 50mg Tablet is used in the treatment of:
- Autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, dermatomyositis, polymyositis, autoimmune active hepatitis, auto immune hemolytic anemia etc.
- Inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- To prevent transplant rejections after organ transplantations. Eg. Kidney transplant
How Azoran 50mg Tablet works:
Azoran 50mg Tablet work by suppressing the immune system and its reactions. it stops your immune system from reacting against your own body.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking before starting treatment with Azoran 50mg Tablet.
Store protected from light. Keep in cool & dry place.
- Aspen Pharma Trading Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on June 2021] [Accessed on 31st Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3823.pdf
- Sebela Pharmaceuticals Inc., US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Dec 2018] [Accessed on 31st Dec 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/016324s039lbl.pdf
- O Mohammedi, Kassim TA, Azoran 75mg Tablet, NCBI Bookshelf, [Revised on 2020], [Accessed on 2nd Apr 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK542190/#_NBK542190_pubdet_
- D P B McGovern, D P Jewel, Risks and benefits of Azoran 75mg Tablet therapy, NLM, [Published 2005], [Accessed on 2nd Apr 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1774869/
How to use Azoran 50mg Tablet:
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water without breaking or chewing them.
This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnancy as it may affect the fetus. Your doctor will prescribe it if the benefits outweigh the risks.
Breastfeeding is not safe while taking this medication as it may pass into the breastmilk. Consult your doctor for advice.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver disease or hepatitis. This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver diseases.
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney problems. This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney problems.
Inform your doctor if:
- If you have a genetic condition called TPMT deficiency before taking Azoran 50mg Tablet
- If you have recently received or are about to receive any vaccinations as some vaccines can cause infection while taking this medication
- If you have to undergo any operation
- If you are allergic to azathioprine or any of its ingredients.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them. Azoran 50mg side effects are:
- Liver problems
- Allergic reactions: swelling of face and lips , difficulty breathing, hives
- Sweet’s syndrome: raised pink or purple sore lumps
- Low WBC count leading to infections
- Certain types of cancers (very rare)
- JC virus associated Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: A brain damaging virus infection (very rare)
- Bone marrow problems
- Nausea, vomiting, indigestion
- Hair loss
- Skin rash
- Reversible pneumonitis
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.