BAL 100MG INJECTION
DIMERCAPROLManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Bal 100mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Dimercaprol. It is indicated in the treatment of gold, mercury and arsenic poisoning. It is also used along with other agents to treat lead poisoning. This treatment is effective if administered within 2 hours of poisoning.
This injection is not recommended in case of iron, cadmium or selenium poisoning. When it interacts with these metals, it results in the formation of substances more toxic than the metals themselves, which could damage the kidneys. This medicine is not intended for use if you have liver problems.
Uses of Bal 100mg Injection:
- Treatment of heavy metal poisoning (gold, mercury, arsenic, bismuth, antimony)
- Treatment of lead poisoning when used along with calcium acetate
How Bal 100mg Injection works:
Bal 100mg Injection interacts with the heavy metals and forms a ring-like complex. This happens through the inhibition of the sulfhydryl enzymes present in the body. This ring-like complex slowly breaks down, thus protecting the body against the deadly effects of heavy metals.
Interaction with other Bal 100mg Injections:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Protect from light and store at 2-25°C.
- Amdipharm UK Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jul 2014] [Accessed on 9th Aug 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6702.pdf
- Akorn, Inc., [Revised on Mar 2020] [Accessed on 9th Aug 2021], https://www.akorn.com/documents/catalog/package_inserts/17478-526-03.pdf
- Michael C. Byrns and Trevor M. Penning, Environmental Toxicology: Carcinogens and Heavy Metals, Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition, 2018, 1297-1315.
- Michael J. Kosnett, Heavy Metal Intoxication & Chelators, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 1020-1034.
How to use Bal 100mg Injection:
Your physician will determine the dose and duration of this treatment and inject this medicine into your muscle.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver insufficiency. This injection should not be used if you have jaundice.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney problems.
Talk to your physician before driving or operating machines if you feel unwell.
This injection consists of derivatives from peanuts. Inform your physician if you are sensitive to peanuts or any other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- High BP
- Increased heart rate
- Chest and throat tightness
- Burning feeling in the lips, mouth and throat
- Nausea, vomiting
- Pain in the throat, chest and hands
- Eye problems
- Anxiety, weakness
- Jaw pain
- Burning sensation of the genital areas
- Inflammation at the site of injection
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.