TRIPOTASSIUM DICITRATO BISMUTHATEManufacturer : WATERLEY PHARMACETICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Bistas 120mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient tripotassium dicitrato bismuthate. It is a bismuth based drug that helps to treat ulcers and eradicate H.pylori. H.pylori and painkillers are two main causes of peptic ulcer disease. Bismuth based drugs are included in the treatment regimen of Peptic ulcer disease that is caused due to H.pylori. Apart from the antibacterial action, it also acts as a protective agent for the cell and mucosal layer.
Uses of Bistas 120mg Tablet:
Bistas 120mg Tablet is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Adjunct with other medicines to eradicate Helicobacter pylori
- Gastritis induced by dyspeptic disorder
How Bistas 120mg Tablet Works:
Bistas 120mg Tablet forms a precipitate due to the effect of gastric acid. This precipitate reaches the ulcerated region and inhibits pepsin activity. Bistas 120mg Tablet also increases production of bicarbonate and mucin and protects the mucosa by stimulating the secretion of endogenous prostaglandin.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store the tablets in the original package inorder to protect it from light and moisture. Keep the tablets out of sight and reach of children.
- Package leaflet, [Revised on 27th Jul 2016] [Accessed on 13th Apr 2021] https://mri.cts-mrp.eu/Human/Downloads/AT_H_0598_001_FinalPI.pdf
- Burgunda Sweet, Upper Gastrointestinal Disorders, Handbook of Applied therapeutics, 9th Edition, 2016, 245-256.
- I V Maev et al., Bismuth preparations in the treatment of patients with gastric and duodenal ulcer disease, Klin Med (Mosk), 2008, 86(9):57-63 [Accessed on 13th Apr 2021] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19048841/
- Thomas et al., Medical Use of Bismuth: the Two Sides of the Coin, J Clinic Toxicol, 2011, [Accessed on 13th Apr 2021] https://www.longdom.org/open-access/medical-use-of-bismuth-the-two-sides-of-the-coin-2161-0495.S3-004.pdf
How to use Bistas 120mg Tablet:
Bistas 120mg Tablet should be swallowed whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach.
Use of Bistas 120mg Tablet during pregnancy is not recommended. Consult your physician for advice.
It is not known if breastfeeding during treatment with Bistas 120mg Tablet is safe. Consult your physician for advice.
Bistas 120mg Tablet is not intended for use in patients with kidney problems. Inform your physician before initiating treatment if you have severe kidney impairment.
Inform your physician before initiating treatment with Bistas 120mg Tablet if you have experienced hypersensitivity.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Acute kidney failure
- Black stools
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.