BLEOCIN 15IU INJECTION
BLEOMYCINManufacturer : KHANDELWAL LABORATORIES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Bleocin 15IU Injection consists of the active ingredient Bleomycin. It is used to treat lymph node cancers (Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma), head and neck cancer, and cancer in external genitalia.
Bleocin 15IU Injection shall either be used alone or with radio therapy and chemotherapy treatment. This injection is also beneficial to prevent and treat the fluid accumulation in the lungs that occurs due to cancer. Before taking this medicine, inform your healthcare provider if you have experienced allergies or lung infections earlier.
Uses of Bleocin 15IU Injection:
Bleocin 15IU injection is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Germ cell cancer
- Head and neck cancer.
- Squamous cell cancer of skin, cervix and vulva.
- Testicular cancer
- Fluid accumulation in the lungs is a consequence of cancer.
How Bleocin 15IU Injection Works:
Bleocin 15IU Injection binds to the DNA, breaks them down and alters chromosomes. It attacks the cancer cells and prevents their multiplication.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store the vials in the original carton between 2˚C and 8˚C. Protect from light.
- Edward Chu, Cancer Chemotherapy, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 948-976.
- Accord Healthcare Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium(EMC), [Revised on Mar 2018] [Accessed on 9th Apr 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9333.pdf
- Pfizer New Zealand Limited, [Revised on 21st Oct 2020] [Accessed on 3rd Dec 2021], https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/datasheet/d/dblBleomycinsulphateinj.pdf
How to use Bleocin 15IU Injection:
Your physician will administer Bleocin 15IU Injection into the vein, artery, muscle, tumor, or space around the lungs.
Bleocin 15IU Injection can cause harm to the fetus. Inform your physician before starting Bleocin 15IU Injection therapy if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Breastfeeding is not recommended during Bleocin 15IU Injection therapy. Consult your physician for advice.
Inform your physician before initiating treatment with Bleocin 15IU Injection if you have a liver disorder.
Inform your physician before initiating treatment with Bleocin 15IU Injection if you have a kidney disorder.
Bleocin 15IU Injection might influence driving and operating machines. Avoid driving or using machines in case you experience symptoms of nausea or vomiting.
- Talk to your physician if you have or ever had lung damage or an acute lung infection.
- Bleocin 15IU Injection is not recommended in case of allergies and hypersensitivity. Inform your physician promptly if you experience any allergic reactions during Bleocin 15IU Injection treatment.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Cough, breathlessness, abnormal crackling sound while breathing
- Severe hypersensitivity reactions
- Respiratory failure
- Lung inflammation and disease
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting
- Inflammation in mucous membrane and mucous lining in the mouth.
- Redness and itching of the skin
- Stretch marks
- Excessive Thickening of the skin
- Hair loss
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.