BONITAR 100MG TABLET
BOSUTINIBManufacturer : SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Bonitar 100mg Tablet contains the active constituent bosutinib. It is used to treat a type of blood cancer called Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myelogenous leukemia (Ph+ CML) in adult patients who are newly diagnosed or for whom other medicines have either not worked or not suitable. Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myelogenous leukemia is a blood cancer in which the body produces too many of a specific kind of white blood cell called granulocytes.
Talk to your doctor if you have heart problems, kidney disorders, liver disorders, infections, or diarrhea before taking Bonitar 100mg Tablet. Limit your time outside and use sunscreen if you must go outside as this medicine can make you more sensitive to the sun or UV rays. Do not eat or drink grapefruit containing food products as this may increase the risk of side effects. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least one month after the last dose.
Uses of Bonitar 100mg Tablet:
- Treatment of Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myelogenous leukemia (Ph+ CML)
How Bonitar 100mg Tablet works:
Bonitar 100mg Tablet is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It inhibits the activity of an enzyme called Bcr-Abl kinase that promotes the blood cancer (Ph+ CML). This helps to inhibit the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Bonitar 100mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 30°C.
- Pfizer Europe MA EEIG, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Dec 2020] [ Accessed on 16th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3147.pdf
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on April 2017] [ Accessed on 16th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/20334s007s008lbl.pdf
- Gunhild keller et al; Bosutinib; Recent Results in Cancer Research; Published on 2010; Accessed on 16/06/2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20072835/
How to use Bonitar 100mg Tablet:
Take Bonitar 100mg Tablet in dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Take this medicine with food. Do not touch broken or crushed tablets. Do not take grapefruit juice or grapefruit while taking this medicine. Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor.
Bonitar 100mg Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it could harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Avoid breastfeeding while taking this medicine as it can cause toxicity to your baby. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Bonitar 100mg Tablet.
Tell your doctor if you have a history of liver problems, including hepatitis, before taking Bonitar 100mg Tablet. Your doctor will perform blood tests to evaluate your liver function.
It is essential to inform your doctor if you have any kidney problems before taking Bonitar 100mg Tablet.
Taking Bonitar 100mg Tablet can cause dizziness, blurred vision, or unusual tiredness. Do not drive if you feel unwell.
- Use sunscreen if you must go outside as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun or UV rays.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Blood disorders (bleeding, fever, bruising)
- Stomach problems (stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, nausea)
- Hepatitis B reactivation
- Severe skin reactions
- Liver problems (yellowing of white part of eyes and skin, tea-colored urine)
- Heart problems (loss of consciousness, irregular heartbeat)
- Low blood cell count
- Headache, dizziness
- Cough, shortness of breath
- Joint pain, back pain
- Decreased appetite
- Respiratory tract infection
- Increase in blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears
- Itching, acne
- Taste change
- Sensitivity to light
- Fluid on lungs
MrMed’s primary intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is reviewed by experts, accurate and trustworthy. The information and contents of this website are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on MrMed. Our mission is to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.