TERIPARATIDEManufacturer : GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Bonspark Pen Injection consists of the active ingredient Teriparatide. It is used to treat bone loss (osteoporosis) in men and postmenopausal women at high risk of fracture. It is a synthetic form of the parathyroid hormone naturally produced in the body. This Injection is the only drug that works on bone formation, while the other drugs work on bone resorption.
Uses of Bonspark Pen Injection:
- Treatment of bone loss (osteoporosis) in men and postmenopausal women
How Bonspark Pen Injection Works:
The parathyroid hormone takes part in the process of new bone formation. Bonspark Pen Injection is a synthetic form of the parathyroid hormone 1-34. This Injection works by binding specifically to the receptors present on the surface of the cells. This leads to improvement in skeletal mass, markers of bone formation and resorption and bone strength. The new bone appears structurally normal and thus reduces the risk of fractures.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Bonspark Pen Injection out of sight and reach of children. Store in a refrigerator (2-8˚C). Do not freeze. Put the Pen Injection back into the refrigerator immediately after use. Do not use the injection if the contents are cloudy or coloured.
- Eli Lilly Nederland, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jan 2021] [Accessed on 1st Mar 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2215.pdf
- Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC, [Revised on Nov 2020] [Accessed on 7th Apr 2021], https://pi.lilly.com/us/forteo-pi.pdf
- Daniel D. Bickle, Agents that affect bone mineral homeostasis, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 772-791.
- KD Tripathi, Hormones and Drugs Affecting Calcium Balance, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 360-372.
How to use Bonspark Pen Injection:
Bonspark Pen Injection is intended for subcutaneous administration, either into the thigh or abdominal wall. It can be taken with or without food. This treatment is not supposed to be continued for more than 2 years.
Bonspark Pen Injection is not intended for use in pregnancy. Consult your physician for advice.
Discuss with your physician before taking Bonspark Pen Injection if you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed your baby.
Bonspark Pen Injection is not recommended in patients with kidney disorders. Consult your physician for advice.
Bonspark Pen Injection might cause dizziness. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy.
- Inform your physician if you have been told that you have bone cancer, bone metabolic diseases or if you are receiving radiation therapy involving your bones.
- Consult your physician to monitor your blood calcium levels regularly to detect hypercalcemia.
- Inform your physician if you have orthostatic hypotension or allergic reactions to Bonspark Pen Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions that affect skin and breathing.
- Skin reactions such as rashes, bruising, swelling and itching, at the site of injection.
- Nerve Pain
- Increased sweating
- Muscle cramps
- Increase in blood cholesterol levels
- Chest pain
- Burning sensation below the breast bone
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.