CAFIRATE (3ML) 20MG INJECTION
CAFFEINEManufacturer : SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Cafirate 20mg injection contains the active constituent caffeine. It is used in the treatment of apnoea of prematurity. Apnoea of prematurity is the condition of premature babies in which there occurs a stoppage of breathing for around 20 seconds accompanied by lowered heart rate and deprived oxygen supply in the tissues. Apnea may be caused by cardiac abnormalities, metabolic problems, anemia, lung or CNS disorders, which should be properly treated prior to initiation of Cafirate 20mg injection administration.
If you are breastfeeding while your infant is treated with this medication, you should not drink any coffee or consume Caffeine-containing products as it may pass through the breast milk. Inform your baby’s doctor if the baby produces an unusual amount of urine, has reduced weight gain or food intake, suffered from unusual heart rhythms, is detected with heart or kidney disease, and the mother’s Cafirate 20mg injection consumption prior to delivery.
Uses of Cafirate 20mg injection:
- Treatment of apnoea of prematurity
How Cafirate 20mg injection works:
It is believed to work by stimulating the respiratory center, and increasing the oxygen consumption.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications or treatment given to your infant before.
Store at controlled room temperature 20°C - 25° C protected from light. Do not refrigerate.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, CNS stimulants and cognition enhancers7th edition, 2013, 488.
- Macarthys Laboratories Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Feb 2020] [ Accessed on 3rd April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5146.pdf
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Dec 2019] [ Accessed on 3rd April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/020793s019lbl.pdf
How to use Cafirate 20mg injection:
It is given as an intravenous infusion under the supervision of physician. Serum caffeine levels will be monitored frequently to avoid toxicity during the treatment.
Cafirate 20mg injection is excreted into breast milk and passes through the infant’s body, so the mothers of infants treated with Cafirate 20mg injection should not consume caffeine containing beverages or medicinal products.
It is important to inform if your infant produces an unusual amount of urine lately.
- Inform your doctor about the food intake pattern of infant, unusual heart rhythms, and seizures experienced before the administration of Cafirate 20mg injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Bloody stools
- Allergic reactions
- Bloodstream infection
- Injection site inflammation
- Cardiac disorders (irregular heartbeat)
- Increased sugar in blood or serum
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.