CARFILNAT 60MG INJECTION
CARFILZOMIBManufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Carfilnat 60mg Injection is an anticancer medication containing the active constituent carfilzomib. It is used to treat a type of cancer called multiple myeloma. Multiple myeloma is a cancer of a white blood cell called the plasma cell. These cells grow uncontrolled and accumulate in the bone marrow resulting in damage to the bones and kidneys.
You need to inform your physician if you have heart problems, lung disorders, kidney disorders, liver disorders, unusual bleeding or bruising, history of blood clots, or any other diseases before taking Carfilnat 60mg Injection. This medication can be given alone or in combination with other anticancer medications.
Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least 90 days after the last dose. Drink plenty of fluids during the treatment. Avoid sun exposure. Carfilnat 60mg injection's most common side effects are diarrhea, fever, nausea, fatigue, and shortness of breath.
Uses of Carfilnat 60mg Injection:
- Treatment of multiple myeloma
How Carfilnat 60mg Injection works:
Carfilnat 60mg Injection inhibits the proteasome enzyme complex in the cells. This complex help breaks down proteins when they are no longer needed. Inhibition of this complex in cancer cells prevents the breakdown of abnormal proteins leading to inhibition of growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Carfilnat 60mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C).
- Amgen Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on August 2021] [ Accessed on 30th Nov 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5061.pdf
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Feb 2019] [ Accessed on 30th Nov 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2019/202714s025lbl.pdf
- Kimberly Redic; Carfilzomib: a novel agent for multiple myeloma; The Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology; Revised on Aug 2013; Accessed on 30/11/2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23837578/
How to use Carfilnat 60mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional.
Carfilnat 60mg Injection should not be taken during pregnancy as it can harm the baby. You need to tell your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
Carfilnat 60mg Injection should not be taken if you are breastfeeding as it passes into breast milk. You need to tell your physician if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your physician if you have any liver disorders before taking Carfilnat 60mg Injection.
You need to tell your physician if you have any kidney disorders before taking Carfilnat 60mg Injection.
Carfilnat 60mg Injection can cause dizziness, tiredness, or a drop in blood pressure. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- Talk to your doctor if you have heart problems, lung disorders, unusual bleeding or bruising, history of blood clots, or any other diseases before taking Carfilnat 60mg Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Fever, chills
- Low blood counts
- Shortness of breath, cough
- Nausea, vomiting
- Decreased appetite, difficulty sleeping
- Headache, dizziness
- Pain in joints, stomach, back, hands or feet
- Muscle spasms
- Tingling, numbness, or decreased sensation in hands or feet
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.