CARGINIL 48MG INJECTION
NICORANDILManufacturer : CELON LABORATORIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Carginil 48mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Nicorandil. It is indicated for the treatment of angina and coronary artery disease. This medicine decreases the frequency of chest pain attacks and completely suppresses chest pain.
Unstable angina refers to the brief or permanent obstruction of heart vessels due to thrombus formation. It is one of the first symptoms of heart disease associated with obstruction in blood flow, that is characterized by imbalance in oxygen supply to the heart.
Uses of Carginil 48mg Injection:
- Management of coronary artery disease
- Treatment of unstable angina
How Carginil 48mg Injection works:
Carginil 48mg Injection dilates the blood vessels, arteries and veins leading to reduction in preload, afterload of the heart and reduces the overload of calcium inside the cells. This, in turn, increases the heart output and thus relieves the tightness and decreases the crushing chest pain (angina). This medicine reduces the severity and fatality of events related to heart problems.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a refrigerator.
- Bertram G. Katzung, Vasodilators & the Treatment of Angina Pectoris, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 194-211.
- Thomas Eschenhagen, Treatment of Ischemic Heart Disease, Goodman & Gliman’s Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition, 2018, 489-506.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd., [Revised on May 2014] [Accessed on 10th Aug 2021], https://www.torrentian.com/pisheet/Upload/PI_Sheet/174.pdf
How to use Carginil 48mg Injection:
Your physician will calculate the accurate dose according to your condition and inject this medicine into your vein.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother. Your physician might advise you to avoid breastfeeding during this treatment.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
Carginil 48mg Injection may be connected with dizziness, sleepiness and loss of consciousness. Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience such symptoms.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are sensitive to this medicine or any of its ingredients.
- Use this medicine with caution if you are above the age of 65 years.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are disgnosed with brain dysfunction, low BP or other heart problems.
- Your physician will monitor your blood pressure and other blood parameters before and during this treatment.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Increase in heart rate
- Changes in liver functions
- Light headedness
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.