CASIRIVIMAB IMDEVIMAB (REGN-COV2) INJECTION
CASIRIVIMAB,IMDEVIMABManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America, Switzerland
WILL BE SUPPLIED AFTER APPROVAL FROM CIPLA LIMITED AND ROCHE PRODUCTS INDIA PVT. LTD.
Please use below links to download the consent forms for the patient and the hospital which is to be filled and submitted along with your prescription while placing the order.
Casirivimab Imdevimab (REGN-COV2) Injection contains the monoclonal antibodies casirivimab and imdevimab. This medication is used to treat and prevent COVID-19 in adults and adolescents aged from 12 years, weighing at least 40kg. This medication is used to treat COVID-19 only in individuals who are at increased risk of developing serious illness from coronavirus disease and who do not require oxygen support to treat COVID-19.
COVID-19 is a highly infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. People aged sixty years and over, people with diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, heart and lung problems, or obesity are at greater risk of developing serious illness from COVID-19. Before starting treatment with Casirivimab Imdevimab (REGN-COV2) Injection, you must inform your physician if you have any allergic conditions or other diseases.
This casirivimab and imdevimab combination remains efficacious against the widest spread variants and reduces the risk of losing its neutralization potency against new emerging variants.
Uses of Casirivimab Imdevimab (REGN-COV2) Injection:
- Treats and prevents mild to moderate COVID-19 infection
How Casirivimab Imdevimab (REGN-COV2) Injection works:
Casirivimab and imdevimab are human immunoglobulin G-1 (IgG1) monoclonal antibodies produced by recombinant DNA technology. These antibodies attach to the spike protein of the SARS-CoV-2 and prevent it from attaching to the human cells, and hence preventing symptoms and progression of the disease.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Casirivimab Imdevimab (REGN-COV2) Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store in a refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C.
- Paroma Deb et al; An update to monoclonal antibody as therapeutic option against COVID-19, [Published on Apr 2021], [Accessed on 19/01/2022] https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2590053621000197
- John P Manis; Overview of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies, [Published on May 2021], [Accessed on 19/01/2022], https://www.uptodate.com/contents/overview-of-therapeutic-monoclonal-antibodies#H3954492872
- Roche Registration GmbH, European Medicines Agency (ema), [ Accessed on 19th Jan 2022], https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/ronapreve-epar-product-information_en.pdf
- Cipla; Accessed on 19/01/2022; https://www.cipla.com/press-releases-statements/Roche-Cipla-announce-arrival-of-first-batch-of-antibody-cocktail-drug-Casirivimab-Imdevimab-India
How to use Casirivimab Imdevimab (REGN-COV2) Injection:
Casirivimab Imdevimab (REGN-COV2) Injection should be administered only by a healthcare professional in a setting with immediate access to medications to treat an infusion reaction, such as anaphylaxis.
Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Your doctor will prescribe this medicine only when the potential benefits outweigh the possible hazards.
Consult your doctor for advice if you are breastfeeding.
- Talk to your physician if you have any allergic conditions or diseases before starting treatment with Casirivimab Imdevimab (REGN-COV2) Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though ll medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reactions)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness, and itching)
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.