CEFLEN 1.5GM INJECTION
CEFOPERAZONE,SULBACTAMManufacturer : MYLAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Ceflen 1.5gm Injection is a combination antibiotic medication containing the active constituents Cefoperazone 1000mg and Sulbactam 500mg used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used to treat skin and skin structure infections, respiratory tract infections, bone and joint infections, genital tract infections, septicemia (bacterial infection enters the bloodstream), intra-abdominal infections, urinary tract infections, and meningitis (infection in the brain and spinal cord).
Diarrhea is a common problem associated with the use of antibiotics. Inform your doctor if you have severe or bloody stools while taking Ceflen 1.5gm Injection. Talk to your doctor if you have allergic conditions, liver disorders, bowel diseases, or clotting disorders before taking this medicine. Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment with this medicine. Do not skip the doses, as it may decrease the effectiveness of the treatment.
Uses of Ceflen 1.5gm Injection:
- Respiratory tract infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Genital tract infections
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Intra-abdominal infections
- Urinary tract infections
How Ceflen 1.5gm Injection works:
Cefoperazone inhibits the biosynthesis of cell wall mucopeptide in bacteria and makes it unstable. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor, which ensures the Cefoperazone activity against beta-lactamase (enzymes produced by bacteria that provide resistance to antibiotics) producing bacteria.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Ceflen 1.5gm Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°C protected from light.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Penicillins, cephalosporins, and other beta-lactam antibiotics, 12th edition, 2011, 1499.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Beta-lactam antibiotics, 7th edition, 2013, 728.
- La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd, [ Accessed on 18th June 2021], http://www.larenon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Zoact-Forte-LBL.pdf
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [Issued on 2004] [ Accessed on 18th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/050551s043lbl.pdf
How to use Ceflen 1.5gm Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional.
There are no established adverse effects of Ceflen 1.5gm Injection in pregnant women. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Ceflen 1.5gm Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Ceflen 1.5gm Injection may pass into breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Talk to your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Ceflen 1.5gm Injection. Your doctor will adjust the dose if you have any severe liver disorders.
Talk to your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Ceflen 1.5gm Injection. Your doctor will adjust the dose if you have a marked decrease in renal function.
- Inform your doctor if you have bowel diseases or allergic conditions
- Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment with this medicine.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Allergic reactions
- Abnormal liver function
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.