HPV VACCINE [HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS]Manufacturer : GLAXO SMITHKLINE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Cervarix Injection consists of the active constituent Human Papilloma Virus vaccine. It is indicated to protect your body against infections and disease caused by the human papilloma virus types 6, 11, 16 and 18.
These virus types cause diseases like pre-cancerous lesions in the female genital areas (cervix, vulva, vagina), anal regions and causes genital warts in males and females. HPV types 16 and 18 are responsible for approximately almost 70-80% of cervical and anal cancer cases, HPV types 6 and 11 are responsible for almost 90 % of genital wart cases.
Cervarix Injection does not cause the disease it protects against. It has no effect on people who are already infected with the virus. This vaccine is only intended to prevent these diseases.
Uses of Cervarix Injection:
This medicine is used to protect against:
- Certain types of HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) infections and the diseases caused by them.
How Cervarix Injection works:
Cervarix Injection works by stimulating the immune system to produce antibodies against HPV types 6,11,16 and 18. Thus, preventing any future infections with them.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking before starting treatment with HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) vaccine.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use after expiration date.
- Merck Sharp and Dohme Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Mar 2021] [Accessed on 15th May 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.261.pdf
- Merck and Co Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on 2015] [Accessed on 15th May 2021], https://www.fda.gov/files/vaccines,%20blood%20&%20biologics/published/Package-Insert---Gardasil.pdf
- L Cheng et al, Human Papilloma Virus vaccines: An updated review, [Published on 2020] [Accessed on 15th May 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7565290/
- F T Cutts, Human Papillomavirus and Cervarix Injections, [Published on 2007] [Accessed on 15th May 2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18026629/
How to use Cervarix Injection:
This injection is intended for people above 9 years of age. It will be given by a qualified practitioner.
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking HPV (human papilloma virus) vaccine. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Inform your physician before taking this vaccine if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before taking this vaccine if you have kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you or your child have any bleeding disorders or weak immune system before taking this vaccine.
- This vaccine is not intended for people who are allergic to the active substances or any other ingredients of this vaccine.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling, Itching and extreme pain at site of injection
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.