CLOTRIMAZOLEManufacturer : AUREATE HEALTHCARE PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Cloral Lozenges consists of Clotrimazole, a synthetic antifungal agent for topical use in mouth. This is indicated for the local treatment of oral and throat fungal infections (oropharyngeal candidiasis). Oropharyngeal candidiasis is caused by a fungal species called Candida albicans. It is a commonly occurring secondary infection in patients with HIV. This medicine also prevents oropharyngeal candidiasis in immune system compromised patients who are undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy or steroid therapy for cancers or organ transplant.
Uses of Cloral Lozenges:
- Treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
- Prevention of oropharyngeal candidiasis in patients with weak immune system.
How Cloral Lozenges works:
Cloral Lozenges is a broad-spectrum antifungal agent that inhibits the growth of yeast by altering the permeability of cell membranes. It has a great affinity for the cytochrome P450 enzymes of the fungi and inhibits ergosterol synthesis by these enzymes. It stops the growth of fungal species and when administered at higher doses, it has the ability to kill certain fungal species.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at 25˚C in a cool, dry and dark place.
- Paddock Laboratories LLC, [Revised on Nov 2018] [Accessed on 29th Jun 2021], https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/getFile.cfm?setid=3f57ef51-8202-4d0b-95a8-d2df468b8d9a&type=pdf
- KD Tripathi, Antifungal Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 838-848.
- G. Maartens, HIV Infection & AIDS, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 387-410.
- Harry W. Lampiris, Daniel S. Maddix, Antifungal Agents, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 853-862.
How to use Cloral Lozenges:
The lozenges should be slowly dissolved in mouth. Your physician will prescribe an accurate dose according to your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will determine the suitability and safe use of this medicine.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding while on this treatment.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions regularly.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience side effects.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Clotrimazole or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Abnormal liver functions
- Nausea, vomiting, unpleasant mouth sensations
- Local irritation
- Stinging or burning sensation
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.