CYTOSAR 100MG INJECTION
CYTARABINEManufacturer : PFIZER LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Cytosar 100mg Injection is a chemotherapy medication containing the active constituent cytarabine. It is used to treat some types of leukemia (blood cancer) and lymphomas (cancer of lymph glands). Cancer is a disorder in which cells multiply in an uncontrolled and abnormal manner. This medicine should not be used if you are pregnant, have low blood cell count, have had severe effects on the brain after radiation treatment or treatment with methotrexate (anticancer medicine).
Cytosar 100mg Injection is not recommended for use in infants. Ask your doctor for advice before getting any vaccinations during the treatment with this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you have any liver disorders, bone marrow disorders, recently received radiotherapy, or cancer medicine treatment, or if you are due to have radiotherapy before taking this medicine.
Granulocyte (type of white blood cell) transfusion should be avoided during the treatment with Cytosar 100mg Injection. Administration of this chemotherapy medication can reduce blood cell production and increase the levels of uric acid in your blood. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least 6 months after the last dose.
Uses of Cytosar 100mg Injection:
How Cytosar 100mg Injection works:
Cytosar 100mg Injection gets incorporated into the DNA, damages DNA, slows the cancer cell growth.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Cytosar 100mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store between 15°C and 25°C. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Cytotoxic agents, 12th edition, 2011, 1698 – 1699.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anticancer drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 864 - 865.
- Hospira UK Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Oct 2020] [ Accessed on 2nd July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1570.pdf
How to use Cytosar 100mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a doctor or nurse.
This medicine can cause harm to the unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Cytosar 100mg Injection.
You should not breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Cytosar 100mg Injection.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver problems, including jaundice (causes yellowing of the skin), before taking Cytosar 100mg Injection. Your doctor will monitor your liver function before starting treatment with this medicine.
Cytosar 100mg Injection can cause vision disturbances. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
Talk to your doctor if you:
- Have low blood cell count, have had severe effects on the brain after radiation treatment or treatment with methotrexate (anticancer medicine).
- Have recently received or are due to have radiotherapy.
- Are about to have any vaccinations during the treatment with this medicine.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions (swelling of hands, feet, ankles, lips, mouth, throat, or face, itchy rash, feeling faint)
- Infection (chills, fever, aches)
- Unexpected bleeding (blood in urine, vomit, bleeding gums, black tarry stools)
- Severe pain in chest and abdomen
- Loss of vision, mental disturbance, loss of sense of touch, loss of ability to move
- Low blood cell count
- Loss of appetite
- High levels of uric acid
- Speaking difficulties, abnormal eye movements, reduced consciousness
- Vision disturbance, sensitivity to light, sore eyes with bleeding, watery or burning eyes, inflammation of the surface of the eye
- Sore or ulcers in anus or mouth
- Hair loss
- Problems passing urine
- Inflammation at the injection site
- Increased liver enzyme levels
- Skin effects (reddening, blistering, rash)
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.