DABAZ 200MG INJECTION
DACARBAZINEManufacturer : INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Dabaz 200mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Dacarbazine. It is indicated to treat advanced skin cancer, cancer in the lymphatic tissue (Hodgkin’s disease), cancer in the muscles, fat, fibrous tissue, blood vessels or other supporting tissue of the body.
Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite are few of the most frequently occurring side effects associated with this medicine. However, contact your physician if your vomiting is severe and does not stop.
Uses of Dabaz 200mg Injection:
Dabaz 200mg Injection is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Advanced malignant melanoma (a type of skin cancer)
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Soft tissue sarcoma
How Dabaz 200mg Injection Works:
Dabaz 200mg Injection works majorly through the process of alkylation. It enters the cancer cells after getting activated by the liver and inhibits DNA synthesis. This process disrupts the normal cell cycle and DNA function, leading to arrest in cancer cell growth and multiplication.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store the vials in the original carton between 2-8˚C. Protect from light.
- Medac, [Revised on Jul 2020] [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021] https://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/1d9264f6-b924-4af9-9b27-af9c9593d4a3.pdf
- Devendra Choudhary, Hanmant Goykar, Dnyaneshwar Kalyane, Nagaraja Sreeharsha, Rakesh K.Tekade, Prodrug design for improving the biopharmaceutical properties of therapeutic drugs, The Future of Pharmaceutical Product Development and Research, 1st Edition, 2020, 179-226.
- Hospira, Inc., [Revised on Apr 2021] [Accessed on 3rd Dec 2021], http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=5938
How to use Dabaz 200mg Injection:
Dabaz 200mg Injection should be administered only under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional. This Injection should be protected from exposure to daylight during administration.
Consult your physician before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Talk to your physician before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before initiating treatment with Chlorambucil if you have liver problems.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems.
Inform your physician before initiating this regimen if you are allergic to Dacarbazine or any of its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you have been told that you have low levels of WBC or platelets in your blood.
- Do not consume alcohol while on this treatment.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Sore throat or high temperature indicating infection
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- Extreme tiredness
- Severe allergic reaction, characterized by swelling of hands, feet, ankles, face, lips, mouth or throat; rashes or giddiness.
- Headache, vision problems, fits, confusion, lethargy or numbness of face
- Severe liver problems
- Low levels of RBC, WBC and platelets in blood.
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting
- Hair loss
- Skin reactions
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.