DABIGAT 110MG CAPSULE
DABIGATRAN ETEXILATEManufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Dabigat 110mg Capsule contains the active constituent dabigatran etexilate. It is used in the treatment and prevention of blood clots. It helps prevent blood clots in the brain (stroke) and other blood vessels if you have a form of irregular heart rhythm known as nonvalvular atrial fibrillation. It treats blood clots in the veins of your legs and lungs and prevents them from reoccurring.
Talk to your doctor if you have kidney disorders, liver disorders, bleeding disorders, stomach ulcers, brain injury, allergic conditions or if you had recent surgery on the brain or eyes. Tell your doctor about all the medications you have been taking recently, including supplements and herbal medicines. Do not stop taking Dabigat 110mg Capsule without consulting your doctor because the risk of developing a blood clot is higher if you stop the treatment too early.
Uses of Dabigat 110mg Capsule:
- Prevention and treatment of blood clots
How Dabigat 110mg Capsule works:
Dabigat 110mg Capsule is direct thrombin inhibitor. It inhibits the thrombin (substance essential for blood clot formation) and prevents the formation of blood clots.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Protect from moisture. Store below 30°C.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Ltd; Electronic Medicines Compendium; [Revised: May 2020] [Accessed:8/Apr/2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4703.pdf
- Spinler Sarah; The pharmacology and therapeutic use of dabigatran etexilate; Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2013; [Accessed: 8/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23400738/
- KP Garnock Jones; Dabigatran etexilate: A review of its use in the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in patients with atrial fibrillation; American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs: drugs, devices and other inventions 2011; [Accessed: 8/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21265583/
- Hannah A Blair; Dabigatran Etexilate: A review in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation; Drugs 2017; [Accessed: 8/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28185082/
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs affecting coagulation, bleeding and thrombosis, 7th edition, 2013, 623.
How to use Dabigat 110mg Capsule:
Take this medicine in dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Dabigat 110mg Capsule is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for advice
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking Dabigat 110mg Capsule. Consult your doctor for advice
It is essential to inform your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for risks and benefits.
It is essential to inform your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for risks and benefits.
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, hypertension or recently undergone any surgery before taking this medicine.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Unusual bleeding from nose, penis/vagina etc.,
- Stomach ulcer
- Inflammation of the gut
- Hematoma formation
- Difficulty breathing
- Hair loss
- Vomiting, nausea
- Decrease in red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.