DAPMICIN 350MG INJECTION
DAPTOMYCINManufacturer : GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Dapmicin 350mg Injection is an antibiotic containing the active constituent Daptomycin. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin and the tissues below the skin, tissues that line the inside of the heart and blood. Talk to your doctor if you have any kidney diseases before taking this medicine. You may develop muscle pain or weakness, especially in the lower legs and forearms, breathlessness, cough, or fever while taking Dapmicin 350mg Injection. If this happens, tell your physician, your physician will advise whether to continue with this medicine.
Diarrhea is a common problem associated with the use of antibiotics. Report your doctor if you develop watery or bloody stools while taking Dapmicin 350mg Injection. Complete the full course of therapy as skipping doses may decrease the effectiveness of the treatment and increase the likelihood that bacteria will acquire resistance and will not be treatable by other medicines in the future.
Uses of Dapmicin 350mg Injection:
- Treat bacterial infections of skin, heart, and blood
How Dapmicin 350mg Injection works:
Dapmicin 350mg Injection binds to bacterial cell membranes, inhibits RNA, DNA, and protein synthesis, and prevents the growth of bacteria.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Dapmicin 350mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store in a refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Protein synthesis inhibitors and miscellaneous antibacterial agents, 12th edition, 2011, 1542 - 1543.
- Accord Healthcare Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Jan 2021] [ Accessed on 3rd July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8766.pdf
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on May 2017] [ Accessed on 3rd July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/021572s059lbl.pdf
How to use Dapmicin 350mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a doctor or nurse.
Dapmicin 350mg Injection is not usually given to pregnant women. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
Dapmicin 350mg Injection may pass into your breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Dapmicin 350mg Injection. Your doctor will modify the dose of this medicine according to your kidney condition.
- Inform your doctor if you experience muscle pain, breathlessness, cough, or allergic reactions while taking Dapmicin 350mg Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Low blood cell count
- Headache, dizziness
- Difficulty in sleeping
- High or low blood pressure
- Constipation, abdominal pain, diarrhea
- Rash, itching
- Injection site reactions
- Pain in legs, or arms
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.