DARITEN OD 7.5MG TABLET
DARIFENACINManufacturer : SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Dariten OD 7.5mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Darifenacin. It is indicated for an overactive bladder. It treats symptoms such as an urge to urinate, frequent urination or wetting (urge incontinence). Uncontrollable urination or urge incontinence is caused by overactivity of the detrusor, which produces increased pressure on the urinary bladder.
This medicine is not for you if you have urinary retention, gastric retention or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma. Report to your physician right away if you experience symptoms such as swelling of the tongue or neck and breathlessness.
Uses of Dariten OD 7.5mg Tablet:
- Management of symptoms like an urge to urinate, frequent urination or urge incontinence
How Dariten OD 7.5mg Tablet works:
Muscarinic receptors play a substantial role in the contraction of urinary bladder smooth muscles and secretion of saliva. Dariten OD 7.5mg tablet is a muscarinic antagonist that selectively targets and inhibits muscarinic receptor M3, specifically on the urinary bladder muscles. This reduces the activity of the overactive bladder and increases the amount of urine the bladder can hold.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store the medicine in the original packaging to protect it from light.
- Merus Labs Luxco II S.à R.L., Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Nov 2020] [Accessed on 5th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5129.pdf
- Novartis Pharma Stein AG, US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Mar 2012] [Accessed on 5th Jul 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2012/021513s010lbl.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Anticholinergic Drugs and Drugs Acting on Autonomic Ganglia, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019,.124-135.
- J. Goddard, A.N. Turner, Kidney and urinary tract disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 461-523.
How to use Dariten OD 7.5mg Tablet:
Use as directed by the physician.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding during this treatment.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have severe liver problems. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Darifenacin or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have severe ulcerative colitis, gastric retention, urinary retention, obstructive gastrointestinal disorder, constipation or digestive disorders.
- Inform your physician if you have heart problems, glaucoma, myasthenia gravis, difficulty passing urine or accidental passing of urine.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions like swelling of face and neck
- Stomach pain
- Dry eyes
- Nasal dryness
- Dry mouth
- Urinary tract infection
- Flu-like illness
- Accidental injury
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.