DAUNOTEC 20MG INJECTION
DAUNORUBICINManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Daunotec 20mg Injection is an anti-cancer drug containing the active constituent daunorubicin. It is used in the treatment of leukemia. In leukemia, the white blood cells produced in the bone marrow multiply in an uncontrolled and abnormal way. Leukemia is associated with severe infection, extreme tiredness, and joint pain. It is necessary to inform your doctor if you have an infection, cardiac diseases, mouth ulcers, chickenpox or shingles (viral infection), fever, radiation treatment to the chest, kidney stones, and liver disorders.
Cardiotoxicity (characterized by increased heart rate, abnormal heart rhythms, shortness of breath and heart failure), and bone marrow suppression are associated with the administration of Daunotec 20mg Injection. Your doctor will monitor ECG (heart), blood and urine tests to closely monitor your condition during the treatment.
Uses of Daunotec 20mg Injection:
- Acute Leukemia (blood cancer)
How Daunotec 20mg Injection works:
It inhibits DNA synthesis and prevents spread and growth of abnormal white cells.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store at room temperature protected from light.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anticancer drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 867.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Cytotoxic agents, 12th edition, 2011,1714.
- Zentiva Pharma UK Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on December 2019] [ Accessed on 9th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4004.pdf
How to use Daunotec 20mg Injection:
The medicine will be administered intravenously by the physician experienced in the treatment of leukemias.
Daunotec 20mg Injection can cause fetal harm in pregnant patients. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you only if it is clearly needed.
Avoid breastfeeding before starting to take Daunotec 20mg Injection. Inform the physician if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver disorders.
Inform your doctor if you have kidney stones or any other kidney disorders.
You may feel sick after being given this medicine; avoid driving if you are not ready.
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection, cardiac diseases, or mouth ulcers.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Pain, swelling or warmth around the injected area
- Red face while being injected with the drug, skin rash
- Fevers, chills (could be signs of fatal infections)
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of feet or legs
- Vomiting with blood, sores in mouth or lips
- Unusual bleeding
- Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (persistent headache and abnormal vision, seizures, confusion and abnormal behavior)
- Blood in urine
- Fast heartbeat
- Black stools, diarrhea
- Decreased blood count
- Feeling dry and thirsty
- Loss of appetite
- Hair loss
- Increased pigmentation of skin and nails
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.