DEFRIJET FCT 180MG TABLET
DEFERASIROXManufacturer : SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Defrijet FCT 180mg Tablet contains the active constituent deferasirox. It is used to remove excess iron from the body. Excess iron can damage vital organs such as the heart and liver. Over time, excess iron build-up can occur in patients who receive repeated blood transfusions and in patients with the disorder called non-transfusion-dependent thalassemia. This medication is not recommended for children aged under two years.
Before taking Defrijet FCT 180mg Tablet, you need to inform your physician if you have kidney disorders, cancer, liver problems, heart problems, allergic conditions, or other diseases. Headache, rash, gastrointestinal disturbances, and itching are the common side effects of this medicine. Make sure you inform your physician of all the medicines, including supplements and herbal medicines, you are taking before you start treatment with this medication.
Uses of Defrijet FCT 180mg Tablet:
- Removes excess iron from the body
How Defrijet FCT 180mg Tablet works:
Deferasirox traps and removes excess iron, which is then excreted through stools.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store in a cool and dry place. Do not use it after the expiration date.
- EXJADE; Patient Information leaflet; Medicines.org.uk; [Accessed 2/04/2021]; https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4329.pdf
- EXJADE; Accessdata.fda.gov; [Revised 2013]; [Accessed 2/04/2021]; https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/021882s019lbl.pdf
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals; HIGHLIGHTS OF PRESCRIBING InformATION; [Revised 2019]; [Accessed 2/04/2021]; https://www.novartis.us/sites/www.novartis.us/files/jadenu.pdf
- Preeti Chaudhary and Vinod Pullarkat; Deferasirox: Appraisal of safety and efficacy in longterm therapy; [Revised: 2013]; [Accessed: 2/04/2021]; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK548039/
How to use Defrijet FCT 180mg Tablet:
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water. Take tablets at the same time each day, either on an empty stomach or with a light meal.
This medicine is not recommended to be used in pregnancy unless absolutely necessary. Consult your doctor for advice.
Breastfeeding is not recommended during treatment with Defrijet FCT 180mg Tablet. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not drive if you feel dizzy or drowsy after taking this medication.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver problems before starting treatment with Defrijet FCT 180mg Tablet.
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney problems before startingDefrijet FCT 180mg Tablet. This medication is contraindicated with patients with moderate or severe kidney disorders,
- Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you have heart disorders, cancer, allergic conditions, or other diseases.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems (decreased urine output)
- Severe allergic reaction: (Swelling of face and throat, rash, difficulty breathing)
- Flu like symptoms (high fever)
- Dizziness, headache, difficulty thinking, loss of vision (brain problems)
- Vomiting or black tarry stools
- Tear in stomach wall
- Nausea and vomiting, indigestion, constipation
- Stomach ache
- Disturbance in kidney function tests
- Disturbance in liver function tests
- Headache and drowsiness
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.