DURON 150MG INJECTION
AMIODARONEManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Duron 150mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Amiodarone. It is indicated for the treatment of the abnormal heart rhythm.
Abnormal heart rhythm results from various contributing factors like obstruction, electrolyte abnormalities, drug toxicity, presence of diseased tissue, etc. However, the direct causes are disturbances in the formation and conduction of a heart impulse. When a heart impulse is disturbed, it results in either too fast or too slow heart rate.
This injection is given when a quick response is needed or when tablets cannot be given. Check with your physician before taking this medicine if you have recently suffered a heart attack, have a pacemaker or have been diagnosed with a heart problem. Your physician will monitor your ECG and blood pressure values before and during the course of this treatment.
Uses of Duron 150mg Injection:
- Treatment of uneven or unusually fast heartbeats
How Duron 150mg Injection works:
Duron 150mg Injection works by blocking the inactivated sodium channel, partially blocking calcium channels of the heart and significantly reducing the transmission of heart impulses. This, in turn, slows down the heart rate and regulates the heartbeat.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store protected from light. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Ibigen S.r.l., Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jul 2017] [Accessed on 11th Aug 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8739.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Antiarrhythmic Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 570-583.
- Robert D. Harvey, Augustus O. Grant, Agents Used in Cardiac Arrhythmias, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 228-253.
How to use Duron 150mg Injection:
Your physician will determine the accurate dose according to your condition and inject this medicine into your vein and monitor your progress.
This medicine is not intended for use by pregnant women. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
This medicine is not suitable for breastfeeding women. Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions at regular intervals.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions at regular intervals.
Your physician will suggest you how long to wait before you start driving or using machines.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are sensitive to iodine, amiodarone or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have problems in your thyroid gland.
- This injection should not be given to children below 3 years of age.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have problems in your heart, breathing, blood circulation, blood pressure, etc.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest pain
- Severe allergic reaction
- Fainting sensation
- Itchy, red rash
- Slow heart rate
- Low BP
- Local injection site reactions like redness, swelling, pain
- Restlessness, agitation, weight loss
- Increased sweating
- Extreme tiredness
- Weight gain
- Feeling cold
- Muscle weakness
- Trouble sleeping
- Blurred vision
- Skin sensitivity to sunlight
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.