EDTA 37.5MG INJECTION
DISODIUM EDETATEManufacturer : FUSION HEALTH CARE PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
EDTA 37.5mg/0.25ml Injection consists of the active ingredient Disodium edetate. It is indicated as an emergency treatment to lower calcium levels in the blood in case of irregular heartbeat, which occurs due to toxic effect of a heart medication called digitalis. This medication is not intended for other heart problems.
Remain in bed for sometime after taking this injection to avoid low blood pressure due to your changing posture. If you have diabetes and on insulin therapy, tell your physician before taking this injection as this medicine tends to lower your blood sugar levels. Ensure that your physician monitors your blood electrolyte levels and kidney functions before injecting this medicine to you.
Uses of EDTA 37.5mg/0.25ml Injection:
- Emergency treatment of irregular heartbeat due to digitalis toxicity.
- Lowering high calcium levels in the blood
How EDTA 37.5mg/0.25ml Injection works:
EDTA 37.5mg/0.25ml Injection works by forming chelates with calcium and other metals and lowers the calcium levels in the blood.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at 25°C (77°F) with excursions permitted between 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F).
- Hospira Inc, [Revised on May 2004] [Accessed on 25th Dec 2021], https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=290c3e9c-c0c6-440a-1a9c-46e3e2b07a77&type=display
- Empower Pharmacy, [Revised on 2020] [Accessed on 25th Dec 2021], https://www.empowerpharmacy.com/drugs/edetate-disodium-injection
How to use EDTA 37.5mg/0.25ml Injection:
Your physician will calculate the accurate dose and inject this medicine into your vein.
If you are pregnant, your physician will inject this medicine only if it is clearly needed.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Exercise caution while taking this medicine if you have liver problems.
Exercise caution while taking this medicine if you have kidney problems.
- Tell your physician if you are a diabetic as this medicine tends to lower blood sugar levels.
- Tell your physician if you have heart problems or anuria (absence of urination).
- Before taking this medicine, inform your physician if you are allergic to disodium edetate or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Low blood sugar levels
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Liver enzyme changes
- Protein in urine
- Skin reactions
- Low blood pressure
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.