EFCURE 600MG TABLET
EFAVIRENZManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Efcure 600mg Tablet contains the active constituent efavirenz. It is used to treat HIV – 1 infection. HIV – 1 is a Human immunodeficiency virus that attacks and destroys the cells involved in the immune system; the body’s ability to fight against infections decreases and leads to death if untreated properly. Efcure 600mg Tablet is usually used in combination with other antiretroviral medicines.
Inform your doctor if you have a history of mental illness, liver diseases, including hepatitis B or C, seizures, and heart disorders before taking this medicine. Efcure 600mg Tablet is not recommended for children under the age of three months. Discontinue this medicine if a severe rash develops. Do not share personal objects such as toothbrushes or razors with anyone. Do not breastfeed. Consult your doctor about safe sex practices.
Uses of Efcure 600mg Tablet:
- Treatment of HIV – 1 infection
How Efcure 600mg Tablet works:
Efcure 600mg Tablet works by inhibiting the enzyme reverse transcriptase, thereby inhibiting the replication of viral particles in the body and treats the infection
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store the medicine at room temperature.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiviral drugs,7th edition, 2013, 809.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics Antiretroviral agents and treatment of HIV infection, , 12th edition, 2011, 1643.
- Milpharm Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on September 2020] [ Accessed on 12th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7070.pdf
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on September 2011] [ Accessed on 12th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/...
How to use Efcure 600mg Tablet:
The medicine is recommended to be taken on an empty stomach, preferably at bedtime. The tablet must be swallowed whole with water. Grape juice should be avoided during the treatment. Always take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
This medicine may cause side effects in unborn babies. Avoid this medicine during pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking the Efcure 600mg Tablet.
Breastfeeding is not recommended because the viral infection can pass through breast milk.
Inform your physician if you ever had liver diseases, including hepatitis B or C.
Inform your physician if you have any kidney disorders.
Avoid driving if you are feeling unwell, as this medicine may make u feel dizzy and less alert.
- Do not share personal objects such as toothbrushes or razors with anyone.
- Consult your doctor about safe sex practices.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe rash with blistering or fever
- Osteonecrosis (stiffness and pain in joints, difficulty moving)
- Symptoms of muscle weakness or infection
- Feeling anxious, severe depression
- Liver problems
- Changes in body fat
- Nausea, vomiting
- Difficulty concentrating, abnormal dreams
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dizziness, headache
- Stomach pain, diarrhea
- Tiredness, feeling sick
- Increased liver enzymes and fatty acids in the blood
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.