EMGRAST M 500MCG INJECTION
SARGRAMOSTIMManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Emgrast M 500mcg Injection contains the active constituent sargramostim. It shortens the recovery of white blood cells following chemotherapy or exposure to large amounts of radiation. White blood cells help lower the chance of infections.
Emgrast M 500mcg Injection is also used in people undergoing bone marrow transplants and blood stem cell transplants if the patient does not respond to transplant, or to decrease the risk of infections or prepare the blood for certain treatment methods. You need to inform your doctor if you have lung or heart disorders before taking this medication.
Avoid breastfeeding during the treatment and for at least two weeks after the last dose. The most common side effects of Emgrast M 500mcg Injection are nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting.
Uses of Emgrast M 500mcg Injection:
- Prevention of infections following chemotherapy or large doses of radiation
- Before and/or after blood stem cell transplantation
- After bone marrow transplantation
How Emgrast M 500mcg Injection works:
Emgrast M 500mcg Injection is a growth factor that induces the production, maturation, and activation of white blood cells. White blood cells help the body prevent infections.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Emgrast M 500mcg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store between 2°C to 8°C.
- Sanofi-aventis US LLC, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on March 2018] [ Accessed on 25th Nov 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/103362s5240lbl.pdf
- Edmund K Waller; The role of Sargramostim (rhGM-CSF) as immunotherapy; The oncologist 2007; Accessed date 25/11/2021 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18039636/
How to use Emgrast M 500mcg Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional.
There are no established adverse effects of Emgrast M 500mcg Injection in pregnant women. It will be given to you only if it is really needed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
Avoid breastfeeding during the treatment and for at least two weeks after the last dose of Emgrast M 500mcg Injection.
Talk to your physician if you have any liver disorders before taking Emgrast M 500mcg Injection.
It is essential to inform your doctor if you have any kidney problems before taking Emgrast M 500mcg Injection.
Inform your physician if you:
- Have lung or heart disorders.
- Are about to have any vaccinations.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash, itching, swelling of lips, tongue, wheezing, dizziness, feeling faint, fast heartbeat, sweating)
- Fluid retention (swelling of feet or ankles, urinating less than usual, dizziness, sudden weight gain, swelling of the stomach, feeling fullness)
- Skin flushing along with troubled breathing
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Too high white blood cell count
- Nausea, vomiting
- Mouth sores
- Hair loss
- Weight loss
- Lung problems
- Urinary tract problems
- Abdominal pain
- High blood pressure
- Decreased appetite
- Feeling unwell, lack of energy
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.