LOPINAVIR,RITONAVIRManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Emletra tablet is a combination antiretroviral medication containing the active constituents lopinavir 200mg and ritonavir 50mg. It is used to treat HIV – 1 infection along with other medicines. HIV – 1 is a Human immuno deficiency virus that attacks and destroys the cells involved in the immune system; the body’s ability to fight against infections decreases and leads to death if untreated properly. Inform your doctor if you have any liver disease, including hepatitis B or C, kidney disease and heart disorders.
Emletra tablet might increase the risk of bleeding in patients with Hemophilia type A and B (clotting disorder). Administration of this medicine may lead to immune reconstitution syndrome and redistribution/accumulation of body fat. Do not share personal objects such as razors or toothbrushes with anyone. Do not breastfeed. Consult your doctor about safe sex practices.
Uses of Emletra tablet:
- Treatment of HIV – 1 infection
How Emletra tablet works:
Emletra tablet works by inhibiting the enzyme protease, thereby inhibiting the replication of viral particles in the body and treats the infection
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store below 30°C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiviral drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 809 - 811.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Antiretroviral agents and treatment of HIV infection, 12th edition, 2011, 1645-1654.
- AbbVie Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on November 2016] [ Accessed on 13th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/....
- AbbVie Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on March 2021] [ Accessed on 13th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.221.pdf
How to use Emletra tablet:
Take this medicine in dose and duration as prescribed by your physician. Swallow the tablets as a whole with water. This medicine can be taken with or without food. Do not chew, crush or break the tablets.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking the Emletra tablet. The doctor will explain the potential risks and benefits.
Breastfeeding is not recommended because the viral infection can pass through the breast milk.
Inform you physician if you ever had liver diseases, including hepatitis B or C.
Inform your physician if you have any kidney disorders.
Avoid driving if you are feeling unwell, as this medicine may make u feel dizzy and less alert.
- Do not share personal objects such as razor or tooth brush with anyone.
- Consult your doctor for safe sex practices.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Osteonecrosis (stiffness and pain in joints, difficulty moving)
- Lactic acidosis (breathing difficulties along with weakness in limbs, stomach pain, drowsiness)
- Symptoms of muscle weakness or infection
- Changes in body fat
- Inflammation of the pancreas (nausea, vomiting along with abdominal pain)
- Liver problems (yellow skin and whites of eyes, dark colored urine, pale colored stools, loss of appetite)
- High blood sugar (Increased thirst or urination)
- Severe allergic reactions
- Increased lipid levels in blood
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.