EMTREO 5GM INJECTION
TREOSULFANManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Emtreo 5gm injection contains the active substance Treosulfan. It is an anti cancer medication belonging to the group called alkylating agents. It is indicated for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer after at least one form of conventional therapy. This medicine is also used in combination with Fludarabine as a part of conditioning treatment before allogenic haemopoietic stem cell transplant in patients with Acute myelocytic leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome.
Before each administration, your physician will collect your blood sample to ensure that you have sufficient blood cells to receive this treatment. Talk to your physician before taking this medicine if you have lung problems.
Uses of Emtreo 5gm injection:
- Treatment of advanced ovarian cancer.
- Adjunct to fludarabine as a part of conditioning regimen before haemopoietic stem cell transplant.
How Emtreo 5gm injection works:
Emtreo 5gm injection works by forming cross links on DNA and breaks the DNA strands. This enables the medicine to exert a toxic effect on tumour cells and arrests the cancer cell development.
Interactions with other drugs
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking before starting treatment with Emtreo 5gm injection.
Store lyophilized product at 25˚C, excursions permitted to 15˚C to 30˚C.
- Medexus Inc., [Revised on 25th Jun 2021] [Accessed on 8th Dec 2021], https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/medexusinc/files/pages/medexusinc/db/795/description/Trecondyv+Product+Monograph.pdf
- Tilomed Laboratories Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium, [Revised on Feb 2021] [Accessed on 8th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11187.pdf
- International agency for research on cancer; Treosulfan; PHARMACEUTICALS; NCBI Bookshelf; [Revised on 2012] [Accessed: 10/Apr/2021]; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK304322/#_NBK304322_pubdet_
- RA Hilger et al; Clinical pharmacokinetics of intravenous Treosulfan in patients with advanced solid tumors; [Revised on 1998] [Accessed: 10/Apr/2021] ; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9654108/
- GP Breitbach; Treosulfan in the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer: a randomized co-operative multicentre phase-III study; [Revised on 2002] [Accessed:10/Apr/2021]; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12530019/
How to use Emtreo 5gm injection:
Your physician will inject this medicine into your vein after calculating the accurate dose for you.
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for advice.
Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney problems. Consult your doctor for advice.
- Inform your doctor before taking this medicine if you do not have enough blood cells (severe bone marrow depression).
- Consult your doctor and use an effective contraceptive method to avoid unwanted pregnancy during this treatment.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Addison’s disease
- Hemorrhagic cystisis
- Cardiomyopathy (weakness of the heart)
- Paresthesia (pins and needles sensation)
- Different types of Blood cancer (after long term treatment)
- Mild hair loss
- Skin abnormalities
- Fever and chills
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.