EPINEPH 1ML INJECTION
ADRENALINE BITARTRATEManufacturer : THEMIS MEDICAREOrigin of Medicine : India
Epineph 1ml Injection consists of the active substance Adrenaline bitartrate. It rapidly relieves allergic reactions to other medicines and allergens and used as an emergency treatment to shock due to severe allergies. It helps revive the heart rhythm after a person has suffered a cardiac arrest.
This medicine tends to elevate glucose levels in the blood by inhibiting insulin secretion. Contact your physician before taking this medicine if you have thyroid problems, diabetes, glaucoma, high BP, or undergo surgery.
Uses of Epineph 1ml Injection:
Epineph 1ml Injection is used in the following conditions:
- Alleviation of allergic reactions
- Emergency treatment to relieve shock
- Restoration of heart rhythm after cardiac arrest
How Epineph 1ml Injection works:
Epineph 1ml Injection works by constricting the blood vessels and stimulating the heart. It increases blood pressure and enhances the contracting and relaxing activity of the heart. It activates the β2 receptors in the skeletal muscles to increase the blood flow and restore heart activity.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 25°C, protected from light. Do not freeze. Discard the solution if it is pinkish or dark yellow and contains particles.
- Mercury Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Nov 2018] [Accessed on 24th Aug 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6595.pdf
- Italo Biaggioni, David Robertson, Adrenoceptor Agonists & Sympathomimetic Drugs, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 137-155.
- Thomas C. Westfall, Heather Macarthur, and David P. Westfall, Adrenergic Agonists and Antagonists, Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition, 2018, 191-223.
How to use Epineph 1ml Injection:
This injection will be injected into your muscle or the tissue beneath the skin by your physician.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver problems.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney problems.
Avoid driving or operating machines if you are affected by this medicine.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have heart problems, infection, cancer.
- Contact your physician before taking this medicine if you have thyroid problems, diabetes, glaucoma, high BP, or undergo surgery.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are sensitive to adrenaline or any other ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Swelling of face, eyelids, lips
- Rash or itching
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulty
- Loss of appetite
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.