ERAXIS 100MG INJECTION
ANIDULAFUNGINManufacturer : PFIZER LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Eraxis 100mg Injection is an antifungal medicine containing the active constituent anidulafungin. It is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections such as invasive candidiasis (fungal infection of the blood or other internal organs caused by the candida microbe) and esophageal candidiasis (fungal infection in the esophagus). It is given as an intravenous infusion. Before taking this medication, talk to your physician if you have any diseases or allergic conditions.
As the drug contains fructose, you have to inform your doctor about the intolerance to sugars if you have already been diagnosed. It is not recommended for newborn babies under the 1 month of age. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding before taking the Eraxis 100mg Injection. It will be given to you only if clearly needed. The liver function tests will be monitored before and during the administration.
Uses of Eraxis 100mg Injection:
- Treatment of serious fungal infections
How Eraxis 100mg Injection works:
It works by inhibiting the synthesis of the components required by the fungal cell wall and thereby prevents the fungal growth.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in refrigerator (2° - 8°C). Do not freeze.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antifungal drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 790.
- Lyocontract GmbH, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised date Nov 2018], [Accessed date 2nd April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.10698.pdf
- Roerig, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised date Feb 2006], [Accessed date 2nd April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2006/021632s002lbl.pdf
How to use Eraxis 100mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional. The reconstituted or diluted solutions should be checked for the presence of precipitate or cloudiness.
There are no established adverse effects of the medicine during the administration of pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking medicine.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are having any allergic conditions or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Rapid contraction of the muscles around the airways
- Flushing, itching
- Difficulty for breathing
- High blood sugar
- High blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
- Changes in blood tests of kidney function and liver function
- Back pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.