EUTROPIN 4IU INJECTION
SOMATROPIN/RECOMBINANT HUMAN GROWTH HORMONEManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Eutropin 4IU Injection contains recombinant human growth hormone (also known as somatropin). It is used to treat growth failure due to deficiency of growth hormone, Turner syndrome, chronic renal (kidney) insufficiency, Noonan syndrome, and Prader Willi syndrome (chromosomal disorder) in children. It is also used in small or too light children at birth. In adults, it is used in the treatment of pronounced growth hormone deficiency.
Eutropin 4IU Injection is contraindicated in acute critical illness (complications following open-heart surgery, abdominal surgery, trauma, acute respiratory failure), active cancer, and closed epiphyses - (already stopped growing). Administration of this medicine may lead to intracranial hypertension (visual changes, headache, vomiting), fluid retention, and pituitary hormone deficiencies.
Talk to your doctor if you have diabetes or thyroid disorders before taking Eutropin 4IU Injection. Tell your doctor if your child experiences severe abdominal pain, hip, or knee pain during the treatment with this medicine
Uses of Eutropin 4IU Injection:
- To treat growth disturbances in children
- To treat growth disturbances in adults
How Eutropin 4IU Injection works:
It binds to growth hormone receptors located in the membranes of target cells and helps the bones and muscles grow, helps the fat and muscle tissues develop in right amounts.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store in refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C protected from light. Do not freeze or expose to heat.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anterior pituitary hormones7th edition, 2013, 237.
- Novo Nordisk Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on August 2017] [ Accessed on 14th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/021148s049lbl.pdf
- Pfizer, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on September 2020] [ Accessed on 14th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.32.pdf
How to use Eutropin 4IU Injection:
The Eutropin 4IU Injection will be given to you by health care professional.
There are no established adverse effects of Eutropin 4IU Injection in pregnant women. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you only if it is really needed.
Inform the physician before taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding. It will be given to you only if necessary.
- Inform your doctor about your allergic conditions and other diseases you have.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Serious allergic reactions (swelling of face, lips, tongue, throat, wheezing, itching, dizziness, fast heartbeat, severe rashes, redness)
- High blood sugar
- Intracranial hypertension (headache, eye problems, vomiting, nausea)
- Decrease in hormone cortisol
- Hip and knee pain
- Hearing or ear problems
- Worsening of curvature of spine
- Muscle pain
- Joint stiffness
- Sugar in urine
- Fluid retention
- Pain at injection site
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.