FLORICOT 100MCG TABLET
FLUDROCORTISONEManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Floricot 100mcg Tablet is a steroid medicine containing the active constituent fludrocortisone. It is used in the treatment of Addison’s disease and salt-losing adrenogenital syndrome (hormone imbalance condition). In Addison’s disease, the adrenal gland attached to the kidney does not produce certain essential hormones enough for the body. It is not recommended for patients with active infection.
Talk to your doctor if you have tuberculosis, stomach ulcer, mental health problems, kidney problems, thyroid disorders, liver problems, cancer, bone diseases, or muscle weakness. Tell your doctor if you have an infection, high blood pressure, diabetes, and eyes-related problems. Administration of Floricot 100mcg Tablet in patients younger than 18 years old may lead to slow growth, and elderly patients tend to get more side effects.
Avoid contact with the patients suffering from infectious disease as Floricot 100mcg Tablet may suppress your natural immune response in the body; you are more prone to get infected.
Uses of Floricot 100mcg Tablet:
- Addison’s disease
- Salt losing adrenogenital syndrome
How Floricot 100mcg Tablet works:
Floricot 100mcg Tablet helps to replace the shortage of hormones, helps the body to perform necessary functions such as retaining the salt.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep the Floricot 100mcg Tablet out of sight and reach of children. Tablets must be stored in the refrigerator between 2°C -8°C. If you cannot store in the refrigerator, they may be stored in room temperature 25°C for 30 days.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Corticosteroids, 7th edition, 2013, 290.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, ACTH, Adrenal Steroids and Pharmacology of the Adrenal Cortex ,12th edition, 2011, 1229.
- Aspen Pharma Trading Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Nov 2017] [ Accessed on 15th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11457.pdf
How to use Floricot 100mcg Tablet:
Take the Floricot 100mcg Tablet in the dose and duration prescribed by your physician. Swallow the tablets whole and intact with a glass of water. Do not break or crush the tablets.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medication. It will be given to you only if it is clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medication.
It is important to tell your doctor if you have or ever had any liver disorders before taking this medicine.
It is important to tell your doctor if you have or ever had any kidney disorders before taking this medicine.
- Avoid contact with patients suffering from infectious disease.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reaction (difficulty breathing, swelling of face, lips, or tongue, severe stomach pain, skin rash)
- Feeling severely depressed, confused, lonely
- Feeling high, mood swings
- Difficulty in sleeping, thinking, memory loss
- Feeling or seeing things that are not actually present
- High blood pressure
- Muscle weakness, pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.