FORZID 2GM INJECTION
CEFTAZIDIMEManufacturer : UNITED BIOTECH PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Forzid 2gm Injection contains the active constituent ceftazidime. It is used in the treatment of lower respiratory tract infections, skin and skin structure infections, bone and joint infections, urinary tract infections, gynecologic infections, bacterial septicemia (bacterial infection entering the bloodstream), abdominal infections, and central nervous system infections caused by various strains of bacteria.
It is highly preferred to treat the infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Forzid 2gm Injection is contraindicated in the patients hypersensitive to certain antibiotics such as penicillins, monobactams and carbapenems. Diarrhea is a common problem associated with the administration of antibiotics, which usually ends when the treatment is stopped. Inform you physician if you have any watery or bloody stools while taking the medication.
Forzid 2gm Injection may lead to an increase in clotting time. Tell your doctor if you are on a restricted sodium diet as the medicine contains sodium. Usage of this medicine for longer periods may lead to the growth of resistant organisms.
Uses of Forzid 2gm Injection:
- Respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Gynecologic infections
- Skin infections
- Abdominal infections
- Bacterial septicemia
- Infections in the nervous system
How Forzid 2gm Injection works:
It prevents the growth of bacteria by stopping the cell wall synthesis in bacteria.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Do not store above 25°C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Beta-Lactam Antibiotics, 7th edition, 2013,728.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Penicillins, Cephalosporins and other Beta-Lactam Antibiotics, 12th edition, 2011, 1498.
- Teligent Pharma, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on July 2017] [ Accessed on 9th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/...
- Wockhardt UK Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Oct 2007] [ Accessed on 9th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6346/smpc
How to use Forzid 2gm Injection:
The medicine will be administered intravenously or intramuscularly by your health care professional.
There are no established adverse effects of Forzid 2gm Injection in pregnant women. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you only if it is really needed.
Inform the physician before taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding. It will be given to you only if necessary.
Inform your physician if you have any liver diseases as this medicine may increase the clotting time, which puts you at risk if you have liver disorders.
Inform your physician if you have any kidney diseases as this medicine may increase the clotting time, which puts you in risk if you have renal impairment
This medicine may cause dizziness; consult your doctor before driving and handling heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- Tell your doctor if you are on a restricted sodium diet as the medicine contains sodium.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Increased levels of eosinophils (type of white blood cells)
- Increase in platelet count due to an infection
- Increased level of liver enzymes
- Rash, itching
- Pain, inflammation
- Inflammation of vein
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.