FOSFOFIC 4GM INJECTION
FOSFOMYCINManufacturer : GUFIC BIOSCIENCE LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Fosfofic 4gm Injection consists of the active ingredient Fosfomycin Sodium indicated for various infections caused by bacteria.
Fosfofic 4gm Injection is active against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Sensitivity tests should be performed before starting this treatment to rule out false-positive indications of resistance.
Uses of Fosfofic 4gm Injection:
Fosfofic 4gm Injection is indicated for the treatment of bacterial infections of:
- The urinary tract (complicated urinary tract infection)
- The heart (endocarditis)
- Bones and joints (osteomyelitis)
- Lungs (pneumonia)
- Skin and tissues
- Central nervous system (bacterial meningitis)
How Fosfofic 4gm Injection works:
Fosfofic 4gm Injection inhibits enzymes released by the bacterial cell wall called enolpyruvyl transferase thereby irreversibly blocking steps crucial for cell wall synthesis. This prevents the cell wall synthesis at a very early stage and ultimately results in the death of infection-causing bacteria.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 25°C, Protect from light. Keep this injection out of the reach and sight of children.
- Athlone Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Dec 2020] [Accessed on 3rd Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11249.pdf
- Ciplamed, [Revised on Jun 2016] [Accessed on 3rd Jul 2021], https://www.ciplamed.com/print-product-pdf/32692
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 795-814.
How to use Fosfofic 4gm Injection:
Your physician will inject this medicine through an intravenous route. Your physician will determine the dose and frequency based on the severity of the infection and your kidney function.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will alter the dose accordingly.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience side effects like confusion or weakness.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Fosfomycin or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you are on a low sodium diet.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have heart problems, high BP, fluid accumulation in the lungs or a previous episode of diarrhea due to antibiotics.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe and persistent diarrhea
- Confusion, muscle twitching or abnormal heart rhythm
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Pain, redness, swelling or burning sensation at the site of injection
- Taste disturbances
- Stomach ache
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.