FRAGMIN 5000IU INJECTION
DALTEPARINManufacturer : PFIZER LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Fragmin 5000IU Injection is an anticoagulant medication containing the active constituent dalteparin. It prevents the formation of blood clots by thinning the blood. It is used in the treatment of a condition called venous thromboembolism, where blood clots develop in the lungs (pulmonary embolism) or the legs (deep vein thrombosis) after surgery, in bedridden patients, or in patients with certain types of cancer.
Before taking Fragmin 2500IU Injection, talk to your doctor if you have an active ulcer, bleeding disorders, liver failure, hemophilia, injury to an operation involving head, spine, eye or ears, septic endocarditis (infection in heart) and condition called heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (decrease in the number of platelets caused by heparin). Inform your doctor if you have uncontrolled blood pressure, and diabetes.
Uses of Fragmin 5000IU Injection :
- Treatment of Venous thromboembolism
- Prevention of ischemic complications in Non-Q-wave Myocardial infarction and unstable angina (heart disorders)
- Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis in Patients undergoing hip replacement surgery, abdominal surgery, and restricted mobility due to acute illness.
How Fragmin 5000IU Injection works:
Fragmin 5000IU Injection selectively inhibits the factor Xa (factor involved in the clot formation) and prevents the formation of clot.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store below 25°C .
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs affecting Coagulation, Bleeding and Thrombosis, 7th edition, 2013, 619.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Blood coagulation and Anticoagulant, Fibrinolytic and Antiplatelet drugs, 12th edition, 2011, 858.
- Pfizer, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on October 2020] [ Accessed on 15th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4247.pdf
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on May 2019] [ Accessed on 15th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2019/020287s072lbl.pdf
How to use Fragmin 5000IU Injection:
The Fragmin 5000IU Injection will be given to you by a health care professional. Do not attempt to inject yourself unless you are trained to do so by your physician or health care provider. Take exactly as your health care provider tells you to take it.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Fragmin 5000IU Injection. It will be given to you only if it is really needed.
Inform the physician before taking Fragmin 5000IU Injection if you are breastfeeding. It will be given to you only if necessary.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Fragmin 5000IU Injection.
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Fragmin 5000IU Injection.
- Inform your doctor about your allergic conditions and other diseases you have.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Serious allergic reactions (swelling of face, lips, tongue, throat, difficulty breathing)
- Bleeding at any site
- Injection site reactions (pain)
- Abnormal liver function
- Hematoma (blood collecting under the skin)
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.