FRENIN 10MG INJECTION
PHENYLEPHRINEManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Frenin 10mg Injection consisting of the active substance Phenylephrine is indicated to treat low blood pressure that is likely to occur as a side effect of certain medicines or when a patient is under spinal anaesthesia.
Spinal anaesthesia is indicated in surgical procedures like caesarean section delivery. If hypotension occurs in such cases, it results in nerve block and causes adverse effects on the mother and fetus.
The most frequently occurring adverse effects of this medicine are nausea, vomiting and headache. Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have high BP, hyperthyroidism, diabetes, heart problems or glaucoma. Report to your physician right away if you experience symptoms like a slow heartbeat, abnormal heart rhythm, allergic reactions, swelling, urinary retention etc.
Uses of Frenin 10mg Injection:
- Treatment of low blood pressure
How Frenin 10mg Injection works:
Frenin 10mg Injection works by contracting the blood vessels and increases blood pressure. It acts directly on the adrenergic receptors and reduces the heart rate.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at a temperature below 25°C. Protect from light. Do not freeze.
- Fresenius Kabi, [Revised on Mar 2018] [Accessed on 30th Jul 2021], http://editor.fresenius-kabi.us/PIs/US-PH-Phenylephrine_FK-451580_Mar_2018-PI.pdf
- Éclat Pharmaceuticals, US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Jun 2014] [Accessed on 30th Jul 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/204300lbl.pdf
- Amdipharm UK Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Oct 2018] [Accessed on 30th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5577.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Adrenergic Transmission and Adrenergic Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 136-152.
- Jaitawat, et al., Phenylephrine for prevention of spinal – induced hypotension during caesarean section, Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia and Critical Care, 9(2), https://www.joacc.com/temp/JObstetAnaesthCritCare9281-4075811_111918.pdf
How to use Frenin 10mg Injection:
Your physician will calculate the appropriate dose according to your condition and inject this medicine into your vein.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions and prescribe an appropriate dose.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney disease or undergoing dialysis treatment. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions and prescribe an appropriate dose.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience symptoms like blurred vision.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Phenylephrine or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician before taking this injection if you have severe hypertension or hyperthyroidism.
- Use this medication with care if you have heart problems, diabetes or glaucoma.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Slow heartbeat
- High BP
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Allergic reactions
- Immune system disorders
- Psychiatric disorders
- Impairment of metabolism
- Urinary retention
- Nausea, vomiting
- Blurred vision and eye problems
- Neck pain
- Epigastric Pain
- Breathing trouble
- Excessive saliva secretion
- Lack of sleep
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.