GESTONE 50MG INJECTION
PROGESTERONEManufacturer : FERRING PHARMACEUTICALSOrigin of Medicine : India
Gestone 50mg Injection is used to restore regular menstrual cycle in women. This medicine is similar to the progesterone that your body naturally makes and is given to replace it when your body is not making enough. In younger women who have not yet undergone menopause, this medication is used to restore normal menstrual periods when they have stopped for several months. Gestone 50mg Injection is also used as part of combination hormone replacement therapy with estrogens in hormone replacement therapy. This medication is not for use in children. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Progesterone.
Uses of Gestone 50mg Injection:
This medicine is used for:
- Hormone replacement therapy: Progesterone injection is used along with estrogen to reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Amenorrhea: A condition in which women don’t get their periods for months
- Progesterone injection is added to estrogen replacement therapy to reduce the risk of uterine cancer
How Gestone 50mg Injection works:
Gestone 50mg Injection works by replacing the natural hormone Progesterone in women’s bodies.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use after expiration date.
- Watson Laboratories Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on 2007] [Accessed on 7th May 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2007/017362s104lbl.pdf
- MP Warren et al, Use of Progesterone in clinical practice, Int J Fertil Womens Med, 1999, 44(2):96-103. [Accessed on 7th May 2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10338267/
- Donald G Stein et al, The case for progesterone, Ann N Y Acad Sci, 2005, 1052:152-69 [Accessed on 7th May 2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16024758/
- Edwards M et al, Progestins, NCBI Bookshelf, [Revised on 2020] [Accessed on 7th May 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK563211/#_NBK563211_pubdet_
How to use Gestone 50mg Injection:
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor.
This medicine is safe to be used in pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking Gestone 50mg Injection. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Gestone 50mg Injection should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver disease.
Consult with your doctor for advice
Gestone 50mg Injection should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney disease. Consult with your doctor for advice.
- Do not smoke while taking Gestone 50mg Injection as this may increase your chances of a blood clot.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from heart disease. Consult with your doctor for advice.
- Inform your doctor about any recent stroke, blood clot or bleeding in the brain you may have.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reaction
- Painful urination
- Vaginal bleeding
- Memory loss
- Breast lumps
- Dark patches on skin
- Blood clots
- Vaginal discharge
- Mood swings
- Frequent urination
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.