GLENSTIM PEG 6MG INJECTION
PEGLYLATED GRANULOCYTE COLONY STIMULATING FACTORManufacturer : GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Glenstim PEG 6mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Pegfilgrastim (Pegylated recombinant human granulocyte colony stimulating factor). It is a leucocyte growth factor indicated to reduce infections in patients receiving anti-cancer drugs with bone marrow suppressive properties. It is also prescribed to increase the survival of patients exposed to radiotherapy.
Glenstim PEG 6mg Injection is synthesized from the bacteria E.coli. It belongs to a category of proteins called cytokines and is similar to the natural protein produced by the body. Neutropenia is the most frequently occurring side effect of chemotherapy. Unlike anaemia and thrombocytopenia, blood transfusion is rarely successful in neutropenic patients. Thus, patients receiving chemotherapy are at a high risk of acquiring infections due to the inadequate amount of white blood cells (WBC) to fight the bacteria.
Uses of Glenstim PEG 6mg Injection:
Glenstim PEG 6mg Injection is indicated to:
- Decrease the duration of low white blood cell count and prevent the occurrence of fever induced by chemotherapy
- Prolong the survival of patients exposed to radiotherapy
How Glenstim PEG 6mg Injection works:
Glenstim PEG 6mg Injection works by enabling the bone marrow to produce more white blood cells. It attaches to certain receptors on the surface of the haemopoietic cells and stimulates the production and differentiation of these cells.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store between 2-8˚C and do not freeze.
- Amgen Inc., [Revised on Feb 2021] [Accessed on 13th Jul 2021], https://www.pi.amgen.com/~/media/amgen/repositorysites/pi-amgen-com/neulasta/neulasta_pi_hcp_english.pdf
- Accord Healthcare Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Mar 2021] [Accessed on 13th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9531.pdf
- James L. Zehnder, Agents Used in Cytopenias; Hematopoietic Growth Factors, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 591-607.
- Maureen S. Phillips, Pegfilgrastim, Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 2003, 7(2), 238, https://cjon.ons.org/sites/default/files/5205800724MRU571_first.pdf
How to use Glenstim PEG 6mg Injection:
Use as directed by the physician. Inject at a different site each time. Sanitize the site of injection with an alcohol swab and pinch the skin gently before injecting this medicine.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding during this treatment
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor to detect glomerulonephritis and adjust the dose accordingly.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to latex, Pegfilgrastim or its ingredients.
- Your physician will conduct regular blood tests to check for myelodysplastic syndrome and leukemia.
- Talk to your physician if you experience severe skin reactions.
- Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have sickle cell disease, lung infections, inflammation, cancer in the breast or lung.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Swelling or puffiness
- Tiredness, fullness, breathlessness
- Abdomen swelling
- Left upper abdominal pain or shoulder pain
- Allergic reactions
- Respiratory distress syndrome
- Pain at the injection site
- Bone pain
- Nausea, headache
- Pain in the joints and muscles
- Chest pain
- Changes in blood cell counts
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.