GLUGON 1MG INJECTION
GLUCAGONManufacturer : UNITED BIOTECH PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Glugon 1mg Injection contains the active constituent glucagon. It is used in the treatment of severe hypoglycemia (very low blood sugar) in patients with diabetes mellitus. It is used when the patient becomes unconscious and cannot take sugar by mouth. It is also used in the radiological examination of stomach, small bowel, duodenum and colon. It should not be given to patients with Pheochromocytoma (tumor in the adrenal gland). It will not properly work if the patient has been fasting for a long time, low blood sugar due to alcohol consumption, having a tumor that releases insulin or glucagon, or low adrenaline levels (hormone).
Please talk with your family members and other people surrounding you about your condition, where you keep this medicine and how to use it. Make sure they are trained in using the medicine before you need it. Routinely check the sugar levels to foreseen changes in medication requirements.
Uses of Glugon 1mg Injection:
- Severe hypoglycemia
- Diagnostic aid
How Glugon 1mg Injection works:
Glugon 1mg Injection assists the liver in converting glycogen into glucose (sugar), raising the sugar levels in the blood.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store in refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C protected from light. Do not freeze.
- KD Tripathi, Insulin, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Oral Hypoglycaemic Drugs and Glucagon, 7th edition, 2013,258-266.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Endocrine Pancreas and Pharmacotherapy of Diabetes Mellitus and Hypoglycaemia, 12th edition, 2011,1270-1271.
- NovoNordisk, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on May 2020] [ Accessed on 16th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1289.pdf
- Lilly USA, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on April 2018] [ Accessed on 16th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/020928s055lbl.pdf
How to use Glugon 1mg Injection:
Always use this medicine as exactly your doctor has told you. Contact your doctor if you have any doubts.
There are no established adverse effects of Glugon 1mg Injection in pregnant women. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you only if it is really needed.
Inform the physician before taking this medicine if you are breast feeding. It will be given to you only if necessary.
Avoid driving if you are feeling unwell.
- Routinely check blood sugar levels.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reaction (sweating, wheezing, rapid heartbeat, swelling in face, falling very ill)
- Nausea, vomiting
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.