HEMLIBRA 105MG INJECTION
EMICIZUMABManufacturer : ROCHE PRODUCTS INDIA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : Switzerland
Contact us for latest updates.
Contact us for latest updates.
Hemlibra 150mg/0.7ml Injection consists of the active ingredient Emicizumab. It is indicated to treat Haemophilia A. Heamophilia A is a genetic bleeding condition caused by a lack of factor VIII, which is essential factor for blood clotting.
The liver synthesizes factor VIII. Its deficiency affects one in ten thousand individuals. This can lead to bleeding disorder and in severe cases, bleeding may occur in your skin, muscle and joints. Frequent bleeding, especially in the joints, alters the physical and mental well-being of the patients and caregivers.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are taking other medicines that help in blood clotting.
Uses of Hemlibra 150mg/0.7ml Injection:
- Treatment of Haemophilia A
How Hemlibra 150mg/0.7ml Injection works:
Hemlibra 150mg/0.7ml Injection restores the function of Factor VIII to ensure proper blood clotting takes place. It is a monoclonal antibody that mimics the activity of factor VIII in generating the blood clotting factors. This medicine prevents or decreases bleeding episodes in patients with Haemophilia A.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C. Do not freeze.
- Roche Products Ltd., Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Aug 2020] [Accessed on 16th Aug 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9042.pdf
- Genentech, Inc., [Revised on Mar 2021] [Accessed on 16th Aug 2021], https://www.gene.com/download/pdf/hemlibra_prescribing.pdf
- H.G. Watson, J.I.O. Craig, L.M. Manson, Blood disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 989-1056.
- Le Quellec, Clinical Evidence and Safety Profile of Emicizumab for the Management of Children with Hemophilia A, Drug Design, Development and Therapy, 2020:14, https://www.dovepress.com/getfile.php?fileID=55818
How to use Hemlibra 150mg/0.7ml Injection:
Hemlibra 150mg/0.7ml Injection will be given to you by a physician qualified for treating haemophilia. Your physician will educate you on how to use this medicine.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are sensitive to this medicine or any of its ingredients.
- Check with your physician and use an effective method of contraception during this treatment and continue till 6 months after the last injection.
- Your physician will conduct few blood tests to check how well your blood is clotting before prescribing this medicine for you.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Confusion, weakness, swelling of arms and legs
- Yellow skin and eyes
- Stomach or back pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Decreased urination
- Swelling, warmth, pain or redness
- Numbness in the face
- Eye pain and vision problems
- Blackening of skin
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Injection site reactions
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.